• Community Forums
  • The Welcome Wagon

New to the forum

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dan83
  • Start date Start date Jul 30, 2018
D

Dan83

Member
Jul 24, 2018
6
4
13
N.E. Ohio
Jul 30, 2018
#1
  • Jul 30, 2018
  • #1
Hello, New here and new to the Foxbody's. I recently acquired an 83 GT with T tops hatchback. It has around 42000 miles. I love the car, but I do not like it blacked out, so that is going to change eventually. I need some color and shine on my car. I have a 5.0 with T-5. I'll get some pics later because right now I pulled the stock valve covers and painted them ford blue and removed the paint from the ribs and Powered by Ford. Putting them back on tonight. I have plans to add some more horses under the hood. Going to install those frame rails to strengthen the unibody. A friend offered me a rear axle with disc breaks, 3.73 gears and posi for free so I'm making plans on that if everything works out. I'll be hanging around here to learn something Thanks in advance.
 

General karthief

wonder how much it would cost to ship you a pair
Mod Dude
Aug 25, 2016
28,052
10,677
213
polk county florida
Jul 30, 2018
#2
  • Jul 30, 2018
  • #2
Sounds like a great start now get over to the 79-93 fox forums, start a thread and document the work with pics and advice from the members there,
Welcome to stangnet
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Old guy new to Forum.
  • 08shelby GT500
  • Jun 15, 2026
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
3
Views
210
The Welcome Wagon Jun 15, 2026
LILCBRA
5
Hello Everyone !
  • 5150K
  • Jul 3, 2026
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
0
Views
139
The Welcome Wagon Jul 3, 2026
5150K
5
J
New to Mustangs/Fords
  • Joradan93Foxbody
  • Mar 2, 2026
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
0
Views
172
The Welcome Wagon Mar 2, 2026
Joradan93Foxbody
J
S
347 with Vortech V2 and Holley quick fuel, AFR Renegades a tremec tko 600 advice for newbie pls
  • Schargedfox
  • Jul 20, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
22
Views
580
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 3, 2026
Schargedfox
S
6
New Member 1969 Mach 1
  • 69Resto
  • Sep 19, 2025
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
2
Views
207
The Welcome Wagon Sep 19, 2025
69Resto
6
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Community Forums
  • The Welcome Wagon
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?