New to the forums - Looking for Quality Mods and Advice

SSCharged

Oct 26, 2018
New York
Good Morning all,

I’m new to this forum, however not new to the forum world. I used to be big into CobaltSs.net when i owned my Supercharged Cobalt back when.

Anyhow, I’m here to learn more about the 2004 2v 4.6L Mustang GT motor. I recently purchased a 1955 Ford pickup. I also acquired a wrecked 2004 Mustang GT 5 speed, for nothing, and just taking the motor transmission and rear end and placing it into that pickup, lets call it my little project.

This motor still runs and has approximately 70,000 original miles on it. Motor appears to be all factory oem and no aftermarket parts on it, not even an exhaust or intake installed.

My questions are as follows; Do the 2005 3v intake manifold or plenums fit on this motor? Should I cam it? What are some basic needs this motor should see while its out (fuel injectors, coil packs, plugs, gaskets, etc.) I’m planning to not go forced induction, what are basic performance modifications that can be done for a nice naturally aspirated motor to run efficient and have a nice exhaust tone and have some decent power.

Thanks in advance!!!

Heres a photo of the mustang in my garage.
C8C1CB90-9D45-4626-9FAC-861C30578C7B.jpeg

• Sponsors (?)