New upholstery

Mstng93SSP

You have a nice rear end there Dave.
15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
Mililani, Hawaii
EDIT: Just letting people know the drivers seat started falling apart after 7 months. Link below:

I am almost done with the install of new TMI cloth upholstery in my 93 coupe. Came out O.K. I have a slight issue with the rear seat bottom and am waiting to see how this gets resolved. Anyway, picture time.

Front seats down to the frames. Frames were in excellent condition.

ELe52A.jpg

New foam

iblErY.jpg

GJIUZf.jpg

Upholstery

tvbIKj.jpg

LKk9oq.jpg

cDrcUn.jpg

Xv3MZu.jpg

Rear seat top

vM6bVw.jpg

ndkqCV.jpg

The seat bottom has a snag in the piping. Even if I try to "work" the snag back in for some reason it isn't right. It's almost as if a loop was supposed to go over this and it didn't. Waiting to see if they are going to have me send it back and try and fix it or replace it or....live with it. Not sure yet.

5ChPgq.jpg

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: 11 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Looks nice!
I did my front seats last year with TMI Mach 1 style upholstery, my hands were killing me the next day..lol.
I found that the rod pockets will tear easily when sliding rods through, other than that I was happy with the quality.

How do you like the quality of the foam and covers? I am looking at redoing my front seats of my black mustang as the foam needs replaced and a couple small holes in the covers. Taking this car back to original as much as possible.

Looks good. When I had a TMI kit in hand, I was impressed with the quality. Never got the chance to install it, but the foam and material seemed to be very nice and the stitching was on point.

I installed the Corbeau rear seat kit, and though the TMI stuff was better IMHO.

The quality overall is good. I find I sit a lot higher now in the car as this foam is pretty firm. The upholstery is "close" to original, but you can definitely tell it's not. I don't mean that as a knock on the product, more like an observation. It is way better than the old worn out upholstery that was in the car.

This was the third set I have done. I also did leather which was also pretty easy. Difficulty is about a 4 or 5. There are videos on youtube you can watch from CJ Pony and LMR that detail the install.

Reactions: 1 users
Driver's seat didn't last 7 months and it's looking awful.