• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech

New Wiring

  • Thread starter Thread starter dewey19
  • Start date Start date Dec 17, 2014
D

dewey19

New Member
Dec 17, 2014
1
0
1
Dec 17, 2014
#1
  • Dec 17, 2014
  • #1
Hi,

I'm new here, and I'm looking for some feedback. I'm looking to rewire my '89. From what I see, American Autowire is the only company offering a NEW wiring system for the Fox Bodies. In looking at their website, they just recently released this kit, and it looks pretty damn good from what I see/read. The instructions also look good. They indicate that I would need to retain about 9 of my original connectors (which I still have), but other than that, everything else is new. I'm not keeping my car stock, so retaining my original gauges is not important to me. Does anyone have any experience with this kit in the short time that it's been on the market? I know AAW has a great reputation, but I want some expert advice. Thanks in advance!

http://www.americanautowire.com/view-product/1987-1989-ford-mustang-classic-update-kit/

dewey
 

jrichker

StangNet's favorite TOOL
In Remembrance. Thank you for your contributions
Mar 10, 2000
27,512
2,813
234
Dublin GA
Dec 18, 2014
#2
  • Dec 18, 2014
  • #2
No experience specific to your inquiry, but some help with what you now have...

PM me your email address and I will send you a complete Ford Factory 89 Mustang electrical diagram set. The zip file is 2.5 MB and is too big to fit through Stangnet's email gateway.

89 Mustang wiring diagrams zip package–

They are in a zip file format to reduce the size of the package. If you don't have Windows 7 or Windows 8, you’ll need WinZip or other Windows archive tool to extract them from the zip file.. See www.majorgeeks.com - Download Freeware and Shareware Computer Utilities for a free download.

The diagrams show the location area and the connectors are drawn to the same shape as those in the car.

You will need the Adobe Acrobat viewer which is also a free download – www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html - Adobe Reader download - All versions
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

T
Electrical Brown Connector #31
  • ta66
  • Jul 26, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
2
Views
156
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jul 30, 2026
ta66
T
R
New Member from Poland
  • Restomotive
  • Apr 22, 2026
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
3
Views
138
The Welcome Wagon Apr 22, 2026
91AOD5.0LX
J
Power Wire Upgrade Question
  • jhaling
  • Dec 21, 2025
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
2
Views
309
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Mar 23, 2026
Noobz347
Engine Suggestions on an engine rebuild. Stock cam/GT40Ps or aftermarket on both for a fun weekend driver?
  • MadSquirrelTech
  • Apr 28, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
  • 2
Replies
23
Views
1K
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech May 7, 2026
MadSquirrelTech
1
Electrical 1985 mustang gt Led conversion trouble
  • 1985fox
  • Jan 5, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
10
Views
731
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jan 15, 2026
1985fox
1
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?