newb needs help! what more do i need

aamwebb

Sep 11, 2007
ive got a 94gt and i just blew my load, but i think i only got half of what i need.
ive got a pile of boxes in my garage including. tfs tw heads, tfs .499/.510 cam, 1.6 roller rockers, walbro 255 fp, 65mm tb, pushrods, valve covers. now my problem is that i ran out of money for a few weeks. if i bolt this stuff up this week will it even run? i dont have injectors, maf, tuned chip, or intake. what do you guys think.
any help would be appreciated. also do you guys think i need to worry about valve
clearance with this cam. (ive got stock pistons) thanks for the help
:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

I can't advise on the cam clearance other than I think it is OK, but I am not sure about with the TW heads.

With that said without the intake and a dyno tune (or tuner with wide band) you will not have very good drivability or power numbers.

The intake can be rather cheap (cobra, gt40, etc) or more exotic (edelbrock, trickflow, etc). I would wait until you have that and the tune.

The injectors and MAF will both support ~280 RWHP I think. So while they may be a limiting factor they are not as limiting as the stock intake.

Oh yeah... Welcome... and where ya from, details on the car (sig)?

Keep the injectors, the TB, and fuel pump.

Send everything else back.

Buy the track heat TW kit for like 2.1K and it has everything you need besides the tune and MAF for a reliable 300 rwhp 12 second street car. Total cost is around 3K. Call it 3.5K for safety sake. Best bang for the buck deal out there.

OR

Send it all back, strap on a vortech, and you'll have at least that much power.

Adam

From what I see you have most of the parts for the trickflow topend kit. The cam should work fine with your setup without clearance problems but you need to check anyway. It's better to be safe than sorry.

Since there is absolutly no reason to run a stock intake with the heads and cam you got I would wait to do the install till you have the intake. The stock intake is restrictive even on a stock motor!! You could bolt it up and it would run but without a tune, injectors, MAF, and a intake the combo will barely make anymore power than stock if it does at all. A tune will be needed to get the driveability back after doing all the work. It might run ok without the tune but it will make less horsepower and it will probably idle rough and inconsistant at best. The obvious choice for intakes will be the trickflow street heat due to the other parts you have.