Newbee needs 1970 VIN decoder help ....

Hello! I am new to this site and need your help. I am a credentialed appraiser tasked with valuing a 1969/1970 carry-over Experimental Garage Mustang.
I have a VIN but canot find anyone - including Fred Marti - who will decode it. Is there anyone else out there who can decode a 1970 Mustang with an
"XO" Vin? Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

Not possible as I am bound to client confidentiality. Sorry. This is the only 69/70 Mustang I know of that did service in the "X Garage" as the "Boss 302" suspension development car, being further re-configured as the 1970 Boss 302 "build to" car; and THEN went racing. By thus avoiding "the hammer", the subject is
the only one of its kind surviving today. That's as much as I can say. Thanks for your help.

Would rather have dealt with Larry Shinoda who was among the baddest of the bad gokart guys in the late 50's, campaigned a Top Fueler with Jack Powers in the early 60's, was an Art Center Design graduate and just a neat, no nonsense car guy. He knew that whole "Boss 302" program inside/out!

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
" ... a Marti Report, which confirmed the Mustang’s original delivery to Ford Division Product Engineering and order type as a “test vehicle.” The door data plate carries a regular 9F02R109564 VIN, but the windshield VIN tag has an experimental number."

9 = 1969 model year
F = Dearborn Assembly plant
02 = Mustang 2-door fastback (Sportsroof)
R = 428 4V V8 engine Cobra Jet w/ Ram Air (aka Super Cobra Jet)
109564 = 9,564th 1969 Ford scheduled for production at Dearborn Assembly

Reactions: 1 user