Anyone wanting the Cup this year has to get through these guys.
Listen, Dallas limped into the playoffs with a whimper, but the team picked up three amazing pieces to the puzzle at the trade deadline, and one was Scott Wedgewood, the best goalie nobody had heard of. His whole career is "meh", but the moment he put on a victory green sweater he became an absolute monster between the pipes. The other goalie, that young kid? He's the one that put the Stars on his back and carries them to the post-season despite the best efforts of this team to self-destruct. Throw Pavelski and Sons into the mix and well, it's a flawed team, but a team that still finds ways to win.
I gotta say the Dallas and Calgary games are as close to old time hockey as I've seen all year.. with the big hits and scraps
Too bad the Flames finally got one on Oettinger in overtime in Game 7. They should re-name the team the Dallas Otters after that kid... Edmonton's goaltending was absolutely porous against the Flames.I gotta say the Dallas and Calgary games are as close to old time hockey as I've seen all year.. with the big hits and scraps
It sucked to see us go out like that even more, because if we'd survived Edmonton to play Colorado, we'd had their number all year, and we shut out Tampa with our BACKUP at the end of the season (yeah, "Wedge-who" became elite when he put the green on, not one bad outing once he got to Dallas).
That said, Bowness' "offense will take care of itself" strategy is now a thing of the past now that he left the team.
Ain't happening, Jim Montgomery is the real freaking deal. I knew that when he was the Stars' coach.I’m hoping Florida upsets Boston in round one! Sick of them!
I guess high stick penalties have to draw blood. Bull non call right at the end before the OT goal.
Refs making themselves known in this game!!
Refs making themselves known in this game!!
As always, “there’s always next year” for my Islanders!!Ain't happening, Jim Montgomery is the real freaking deal. I knew that when he was the Stars' coach.
Florida making the Bruins work, that’s for sure!
Tampa having a tough time too. Could be interesting going forward!
The Stars took care of the Mild last night, Boston managed to screw up against Florida, and the Leafs may finally break the curse... we'll see.As always, “there’s always next year” for my Islanders!!
Florida making the Bruins work, that’s for sure!
Tampa having a tough time too. Could be interesting going forward!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 147
- Replies
- 2
- Views
- 206
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 43
- Replies
- 6
- Views
- 246