Nitrous and Water/Methanol Inj.

• Sponsors (?)

its different. the cooling effect of nitrous is negligible, yes its cold, but not enough to reliable tune the car with the supercharger. you basically just spray the car like you would any other.

the meth kits, cool the incoming air and allow you to throw more timing at the car without detonation. its a far more consitent way to tune the car for more power.

You won't find too many tuners that are keen on using methanol.

That being said I've got it on my personal S-trim car and tune it on many cars around here.

Meth is an awesome thing but like any additional source of fuel (like a nitrous wet kit) you have to take the proper precautions and prepare for it to fail. With these things squared away you will have great luck.

In your situation I would recommend meth over a shot of nitrous. The meth will also help you out on the fuel pump situation if you are just running a single in-tank.

Wes

P.S. I will not tune a methanol setup without a relocated ACT sensor (which it should be on any forced induction vehicle)

Oh ok. I was wondering because i can get a whole zex kit from my buddy for 50 bucks so i was going to run that with my setup. But if meth injection is easier and safer to tune with ill probably go with that since i plan on getting a tweecer rt here soon. But im still gunna buy the zex kit from him and sell it on ebay or something and make a profit:nice:

The nitrous will drop the temperature of the air charge similar to that of water/methanol. Horsepower attributes will be the similar as well. The cooler charge, combined with the introduction of oxygen into the air stream will safely allow increased power levels (when the appropriate amount of fuel is added).

...but, the only drawback with nitrous in compared to methanol is that you don't get the added benefit of increased octane . Adding methanol injection to 91-Octane pump gas can boost octane levels into the 116 range, allowing you the benefit of added timing along with the cooler charge.

They both have their positive and negative points. You don't have to worry about fuel puddling, or damaging backfires with methanol (which to be honest probably wouldn't be an issue with a 50-shot anyway) like you do with nitrous. But then again you don't have to worry about corrosive effects with nitrous like you do methanol.

Pick your poison. ;)

The nitrous will drop the temperature of the air charge similar to that of water/methanol. Horsepower attributes will be the similar as well. The cooler charge, combined with the introduction of oxygen into the air stream will safely allow increased power levels (when the appropriate amount of fuel is added).

...but, the only drawback with nitrous in compared to methanol is that you don't get the added benefit of increased octane . Adding methanol injection to 91-Octane pump gas can boost octane levels into the 116 range, allowing you the benefit of added timing along with the cooler charge.

They both have their positive and negative points. You don't have to worry about fuel puddling, or damaging backfires with methanol (which to be honest probably wouldn't be an issue with a 50-shot anyway) like you do with nitrous. But then again you don't have to worry about corrosive effects with nitrous like you do methanol.

Pick your poison. ;)

Might think of keeping the kit and using it then. Still not sure on which way to go now though lol.:shrug: Thanks for the good info though guys, keep it coming if anyone has anything else or some prior experiences.

You don't have to worry about fuel puddling, or damaging backfires with methanol (which to be honest probably wouldn't be an issue with a 50-shot anyway) like you do with nitrous. But then again you don't have to worry about corrosive effects with nitrous like you do methanol.

Just to clarify a few things so that your post is not misunderstood and we are getting good tech out there.

One of the drawbacks of methanol is that we typically spray it through an intake designed for dry mixtures only. Even distribution is a problem as you increase your dependence on it to cover up cooling problems. Used appropriately however it is a great thing. You have the same problem spraying big wet shots of nitrous at a single injection point vs a plate/direct port, it is the same concept at work.

Methanol will not damage your engine, even after prolonged use, this is a myth. Most uses are running a 50/50 by volume or 60/40 by weight mix of meth water which even further dilutes the mix.

Be sure to watch your fuel pressure with the nitrous shot, as that will be taxing the system even further.

Wes