No cats do i need a tune

• Sponsors (?)

If everything else is basically stock, no tune needed. The Ford EEC injection system will adapt on its own just fine.

No tune, but you might need a nose plug and someone to wash your clothes often to get the exhaust smell out. I have 3 mustang's, all 3 have cats. I hate the smell you get without cats. For me personally I would never own a mustang without cats. Everyone has their own opinion on this subject, I'm sure some will disagree but it's up to you.

Reactions: 1 user
Ok, for what its worth, when a car is sold in the state of Florida (this I think is true in all states, federal law thing but not sure) it must be able to pass an emission inspection, that said, it does not have to be inspected to be sold, some large cities may require a car lot to have the vehicle inspected but not by a privet citizen, this is what I have been told by a reputable person, it is up to the buyer to request proof of the ability to pass inspection.
if inspections were mandatory here one third or more of the cars on the road would not pass and at least half the trucks in the county where I live would not pass.

Negative. No emissions or safety inspections in Florida for dealer or private sale.
Technically, it is illegal to remove Federally mandated emissions controls but with no inspection it is not enforceable.
A little Googling & you could have figured that out.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle_inspection_in_the_United_States

Since you live in Florida, do you remember when Jeb Bush was governor, 1999-2007?
He eliminated all the inspections. At the time, there seemed to be good cost/benefit reasons.
When I first moved to Florida (1978), they had only safety inspections, done by the state.
The emissions inspections commenced in the 1980's & were contracted out to a 3rd party.

Yea I remember the Jeb Bush days, you are right, you do not have to have a vehicle inspected for sale.
i also remember the Bob Graham days, remember the Graham Cracker Highway? That stretch of I75 through Sarasota county that was concrete that crumbled within a year, tax dollars at work.

No tune, but you might need a nose plug and someone to wash your clothes often to get the exhaust smell out. I have 3 mustang's, all 3 have cats. I hate the smell you get without cats. For me personally I would never own a mustang without cats. Everyone has their own opinion on this subject, I'm sure some will disagree but it's up to you.

I agree with you. No emissions inspection for my year, but I still run cats. I briefly tried that experiement in my late teens and decided it was not for me. Cats went back on the car, and I wouldn't consider ever running a car without them these days.

Reactions: 1 user
Yea I remember the Jeb Bush days, you are right, you do not have to have a vehicle inspected for sale.
i also remember the Bob Graham days, remember the Graham Cracker Highway? That stretch of I75 through Sarasota county that was concrete that crumbled within a year, tax dollars at work.
Nope. Palm Beach County, home to the "hanging chads" & the former Moroso Motor Speedway & the All Ford Show.