• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-

No more 4x4

  • Thread starter Thread starter joshwfl
  • Start date Start date Apr 18, 2010
Prev
  • 1
  • 2
First Prev 2 of 2

BlackStang03

New Member
Mar 26, 2010
204
1
0
Ohio
Apr 19, 2010
#21
  • Apr 19, 2010
  • #21
trombonedemon said:
You're right, style or quicker times, to each his/her own. Are planning on long tubes, I think they rub the ground on some lowered vehicles.
Click to expand...

he already said he doesnt drag race.....if its not a race car why mess with weight reduction
 

trombonedemon

Well-Known Member
Jun 25, 2009
1,962
39
59
U.S.A, U.S.A., U.S.A.!
Apr 19, 2010
#22
  • Apr 19, 2010
  • #22
BlackStang03 said:
he already said he doesnt drag race.....if its not a race car why mess with weight reduction
Click to expand...

Maybe tire longevity, aren't salene's 18', less rubber, heavier the wheel, drive quality suffers. Just sayin' those stocks are probaly the best looking Ford has come with, Just my opinion. Whatever, his car, his dime. Your stocks are nicer than any chrome outthere.
 

joshwfl

Member
Jan 31, 2010
111
0
16
Apr 19, 2010
#23
  • Apr 19, 2010
  • #23
trombonedemon said:
Just sayin' those stocks are probaly the best looking Ford has come with, Just my opinion.
Click to expand...

I agree 100% and that's why they are still on there.
 
D

Deleted member 38176

Apr 20, 2010
#24
  • Apr 20, 2010
  • #24
+1 for the 5-spoke GT rim club

Im thinking of accenting mine by painting the spoke indentations black, like this....

 

BlackStang03

New Member
Mar 26, 2010
204
1
0
Ohio
Apr 20, 2010
#25
  • Apr 20, 2010
  • #25
Nightfire said:
+1 for the 5-spoke GT rim club

Im thinking of accenting mine by painting the spoke indentations black, like this....

Click to expand...

I like that
 

shanejames

New Member
Jan 18, 2010
9
0
0
iowa
Apr 20, 2010
#26
  • Apr 20, 2010
  • #26
Nightfire said:
+1 for the 5-spoke GT rim club

Im thinking of accenting mine by painting the spoke indentations black, like this....

Click to expand...

if you wast so far away i would trade you for the ones without the black on them
 

Attachments

  • car and bike 001.webp
    133.7 KB · Views: 164
4

40oz

Member
Jan 9, 2006
499
3
18
Minneapolis
Apr 20, 2010
#27
  • Apr 20, 2010
  • #27
Paint the center caps also, or it just looks like someone took a mgic marker to your wheels. An alternative is have a body shop just paint the raised parts of the face of the wheel black, leaving the flutes, center cap, and inside of the wheel silver.
 

Winters98GT

Whoop...whoop-whoop-whoop-whoop...GANGNAM STYLE!!!
Founding Member
Nov 29, 1999
5,520
1,291
224
H Town
Apr 20, 2010
#28
  • Apr 20, 2010
  • #28
I would not get rid of those wheels. Car looks great!
 
D

Deleted member 38176

Apr 20, 2010
#29
  • Apr 20, 2010
  • #29
shanejames said:
if you wast so far away i would trade you for the ones without the black on them
Click to expand...

Did you paint yours or are they decals? Im not positive but I believe I've heard that there are decals for those wheels
 

shanejames

New Member
Jan 18, 2010
9
0
0
iowa
Apr 20, 2010
#30
  • Apr 20, 2010
  • #30
Nightfire said:
Did you paint yours or are they decals? Im not positive but I believe I've heard that there are decals for those wheels
Click to expand...

from what i have gathered them wheels are only available on the 1999 35th Anniv. Special Edition mustangs i was going to take them off thinking they were only decals or type of some sort but those are on there very good i would rather have the same wheels with no black marking myself here is a examlple from ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford...283QQitemZ180496339587QQptZUSQ5fCarsQ5fTrucks ......in the ad it says special edition wheels 1999 Ford Mustang GT, 35th Anniversary Special Edition. 1 of approx. 1550 made in Performance Red (special edition only option). Charcoal and silver leather interior. 4.6L V8, 5 spd. 127K miles. Excellent condition inside and out. Runs and drives great. PS, PB, PW, AC, Power drivers seat. Mach 460 sound system. Bone stock (except new CD player). Recent maintenance: new intake (Ford part) and gaskets, new brakes (at 100K miles), plugs, oil / filter, right tie rod end. This special edition vehicle has a lot of options a standard GT does not including: Performance Red paint, charcoal / silver leather interior, billet shifter knob, silver dash panel and door panels, black stripe on the hood, black "honeycomb" panel on trunk lid, 17 in. special edition wheels, hood scoop, side scoop, unique rear spoiler, unique side ground effects. Paint does have some small scratches here and there (the car is 11 years old), but they are minor. The only issue that I've had with the car is that every now and then, the odometer will disappear then reappear (Ford issue - but no recall was ordered), but the mileage is 100% accurate. Never wrecked, never smoked in. Adult driven. Clear title in hand. Sold as is. Buyer to arrange for pickup or shipping. Car is listed locally, so seller reserves the right to end the auction early if the car sells. hope this helps
 

txredgt

10 Year Member
Oct 26, 2009
1,343
33
69
Apr 22, 2010
#31
  • Apr 22, 2010
  • #31
Ok so back to the original question somewhat.. In my '02 GT I would LOVE to lower it but I already drag my long tube bbk's on any unlevel road or speed bumps. I have seen that the bbk's hang low but I was also thinking it could be because I have the stock 17x8 wheels. Obviously also I have a completely stock suspension but I want to lower it. Is there a rhyme or reason why my headers hang so low or am I stuck engaged in 4x4? Any help would be awesome with this because it sucks rding high.
 

9646gt

Member
Apr 7, 2005
595
3
18
Holloman AFB,NM
Apr 22, 2010
#32
  • Apr 22, 2010
  • #32
BlackStang03 said:
I like that
Click to expand...

Yeah I am pretty sure Spring editions had the black accents. Or was it 35th annis? I can't remember now. But yeah I think those wheels look pretty good. I am so sick of my bullitts. I just hate how the gray color of my wheels clashes with the MG paint.
 
Prev
  • 1
  • 2
First Prev 2 of 2
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

M
2001 cobra ignition timing off
  • Mike3
  • Jul 13, 2026
  • SVT Tech Forum
Replies
9
Views
290
SVT Tech Forum Aug 2, 2026
Mike3
M
Alternator not charging
  • SchwarzStock
  • Jul 6, 2026
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
169
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Jul 19, 2026
SchwarzStock
M
01 mustang 3.8 fuel pressure issue
  • Mhaley2006
  • May 29, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
4
Views
367
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Aug 9, 2026
JohnKay
J
H
Strange steering/brake issue
  • Haxmaster
  • Jun 2, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
1
Views
140
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Jun 3, 2026
squeak93
Considering widening my rear wheels, would like to verify my thoughts on fitment
  • 2000xp8
  • Jul 9, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
37
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 18, 2026
AeroCoupe
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?