No Need To Wish Me Luck. I Am A Genius.

• Sponsors (?)

I can see it now. The Gila monster goes under a tarp and Mike starts driving bimmers.

Again,.....you don't even know.

It's almost like it was pre-ordained in some weird parallel universe thing.
This pic was taken from bimmerforums..
DVCj9cz.jpg

This pic taken from mikes engine:
temporary_zps84c9ad7c.jpg

Hmmm,...:chin.wonder where he got that Idea from.......

I was looking at the bimmerforums when I stole that design idea last year.

Reactions: 2 users
Again,.....you don't even know.

It's almost like it was pre-ordained in some weird parallel universe thing.
This pic was taken from bimmerforums..
DVCj9cz.jpg

This pic taken from mikes engine:
temporary_zps84c9ad7c.jpg

Hmmm,...:chin.wonder where he got that Idea from.......

I was looking at the bimmerforums when I stole that design idea last year.
Yours looks really hot there mike, nice work. I think it could use a turbo.
All kidding aside, man that's a thing of beauty, good job man.

The recently graduated Mechanical Engineer that we just hired in our Engineering Dept needs instruction on how to wipe his own azz......seriously, there is a huge disconnect between the classroom and real world EXPERIENCE. Some college grads are arrogant and think they have a right to a job because they completed college. You understand that a job is a reward that's earned every day you show up.

Best of luck.

I'll try to not get on my soapbox...I'll just say that I'm an engineer and I probably learned most of what I know through job experience. I still have tons to learn relative to the really experienced guys here. I'm ok with new grads taking a while to learn how to do things properly because I went through the same thing. What I do have a problem with is new grads that come in and think they know how to do my job better than I. I think we all agree there is a disconnect between academics and the real world. That's why I constantly stress to engineering students the importance of internships to see what real engineering is like and a willingness to learn from the people who have actually worked in the industry.

Sorry Mike...don't mean to derail your thread.

Well,.....I'm back.
One down,.....One more to go.
The interview was completely w/o incident. It was almost like i was hired before I even got there. I met everybody that could be called "decision makers" and they gave me a final exam.

I have to present a 328i on Monday.
Not as a salesman per se', but actually more like a talking brochure to an interested prospect. I have all weekend to study, and practice for this. I'm completely confident that I'll do great.
It is the only thing between me and the job.

It's considered entry level, and its an hourly wage. Based on a 40 hour week ( with no overtime permitted) there is an additional incentive that floats up or down depending on the CSI scores the dealership gets from the customer.
( All of the dealerships live or die based on the consumer survey index now days.)
The base is 14.00 hr, the incentive could add as much as another 13.00hr. to that. I don't know about you guys,...but entry level, and the potential to make between 45,000-56,000 ( salary plus "average" monthly incentives based on what the previous Genius made last year) Doesn't sound to "entry level" to me.
I'd have to work every Saturday but would still have one day a week, and Sunday off. The dealership closes at 7:30PM on weekdays, and 6:00 PM on Sat..

How hard is that?

I'm soo getting this job.

That's awesome news Mike! Good luck with the test!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Yours looks really hot there mike, nice work. I think it could use a turbo.
All kidding aside, man that's a thing of beauty, good job man.
You are kidding,........Right?

If you're in for a penny,......you gotta be in for a pound. I do have a whole big assed build thread complete with index, and everything.
You ever wonder why these are back there?
temporary_zpse6bb5df8.jpg

to feed air through these:
temporary_zps6e9166c5.jpg

To feed that air to these:
airboxrearfar_zpsad989684.jpg

That live behind this:
airboxwvents_zps87f0418c.jpg

That cool the water from this:
temporary_zps21f227ce.jpg

that get's hot because of this:

0F0E16FF-0319-40AA-A6FB-097A4CE2453B_zps5sfqix5n.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
You are kidding,........Right?

If you're in for a penny,......you gotta be in for a pound. I do have a whole big assed build thread complete with index, and everything.
You ever wonder why these are back there?
temporary_zpse6bb5df8.jpg

to feed air through these:
temporary_zps6e9166c5.jpg

To feed that air to these:
airboxrearfar_zpsad989684.jpg

That live behind this:
airboxwvents_zps87f0418c.jpg

That cool the water from this:
temporary_zps21f227ce.jpg

that get's hot because of this:

0F0E16FF-0319-40AA-A6FB-097A4CE2453B_zps5sfqix5n.jpg
Oh, uhhhhhh, duhhhh. Somehow, I errored in my ways. Still beautiful build on the engine Mike. Even better when I look at the whole thing.
Would you find it amazing that I tie my own shoes? :doh:
You have one hell of an imagination, which is good, but the ability to take that beyond concept really is amazing.
To return to the theme though, I don't see how you wouldn't get this job you are shooting for. Good luck brother, sorry I'm stupid, am I still considered a newb or do I have to take full blame for being a dummy?.:dammit:

Good luck!

Good luck Mike, I sure hope it goes well for you.
You can show us a coyote swap into a Beamer.

Best of luck!! Sometimes a tech savvy recent college grad isn't the best choice for something like this. I'm sure you'll be fine!!

Remember to blow the Bondo dust off your Armani suit and pretentious hat and you will do just fine :)

That really does sound right up your alley, and tailor fit just for you. Maybe this is the reason you weren't distracted with some menial spot in a dead end job... This one was waiting for you.

Best of luck, Mike. We're all pulling for you.

Good luck Mike!

Good luck Mike. I'm sure you'll get the job. :nice:

Good luck Mike! I sincerely hope it goes well for you. It sounds like your experience should move you up the list already. Don't worry about the other applicants. Just stay focused and use examples if asked about different scenarios when possible.

Let us know how it goes.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

so it's a porter job, right?

Serious- good luck to you.

Best of Luck !

Good luck.

Your ability to communicate has made your activities a treat to read here on Stangnet. I Goggled your username and got 2,260 results. Don't be afraid to use that as evidence that you have the tech and communication skills needed for the job.

you+can+do+it.jpg

Not sure how this hasn't shown up yet. Good luck though!

Hope it works out for you or....

0519d3cb03f5ef381551acff20088f32a2f998-wm.jpg

The recently graduated Mechanical Engineer that we just hired in our Engineering Dept needs instruction on how to wipe his own azz......seriously, there is a huge disconnect between the classroom and real world EXPERIENCE. Some college grads are arrogant and think they have a right to a job because they completed college. You understand that a job is a reward that's earned every day you show up.

Best of luck.

Wish you the best of luck with your final interview Mike. I know you can do it.

a little late, but good luck.
did they indicate time frame for final decision?

So that I don't neglect or forget,...thanks for the well wishes. I appreciate that you all took the time to read and offer your well wishes.

Thanks again.

Reactions: 8 users