Electrical Noid Light Question

SorsCode

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Jun 10, 2003
St. Louis, MO
I’m troubleshooting an issue on a Mustang I’m working on. Thought I figured it out but guess not. I have 8 noid lights hooked up. Is all 8 supposed to light up at the same time? I find that kind of odd if they are but I could be wrong.

Issue I’m having is the car will not start. Has spark on all plugs, and has fuel. If you hold the pedal to the floor it will start but misses horribly and then dies. Smoke out the exhaust (fuel).

I have validated the TFI and Distributor are good. Coil is also good. I have nice strong spark at the plugs. I pulled the plugs and they are just soaked with fuel.

Thoughts?

• Sponsors (?)

95 Mustang, Dart 331, AFR 185 Heads, TFS Stage 1 cam, TF Track Heat intake, 24lb Injectors with a Pro-M Mass Air Meter with a T4M0 ECU.

Put the engine in about 6 weeks ago. First test drive thing ran well, was letting it idle while filing up air in the tires, when it just shut off. No missing, nothing just stopped. Cranked great but wouldn’t start. Waited an hour and it started and drove it home. Next morning started it up, let it idle and 20 minutes later shut right back off. Cranks great won’t start unless you have the gas floored but very horrible miss.

Roughly 60 miles on the engine.

Fuel system is an Aeromotive setup with a 03 Cobra Tank. Have Twin Walbro external pumps.

Fuel pressure is 39-40 PSI with vacuum off. Timing is set at 14*.

The now it won’t even start unless you have it floored. Running super rich which is from flooding.

New engine? Don't keep cranking it if it is dumping fuel, you will likely wash the cylinders. New distributor?

Engine is new and I’m not cranking it anymore. After the first few tries and pulling the plugs I stopped. I have since removed the plugs and distributor (tried a different new one with no luck, FYI). I have the distributor out and turning the distributor by hand to fire off all the plugs (all out so I can watch). Upper intake is removed, so I can have all the injectors plugged into a Noid Light. That is when I noticed they all light up at the same time.

I have disconnected the fuel inertia switch.