Noise coming from distributor area?

NinJa_FLiP

Feb 6, 2010
NLV
From what I can tell, it's not a squeal or whine coming from the belt or pulleys. The strange sound happens consistently between 2700rpm-3200rpm while sitting still or under load, cold or hot. I can hear it strongest at the distributor or right behind it. I don't even know how to explain the noise. I should be able to have a video up this weekend. From what I've searched, the distributor makes some sort of noise when it's on it's way out, but they never described the type of noise it makes? Any ideas?

• Sponsors (?)

thanks fellas.. adam, would the oil pump shaft cause it to only happen at a certain rpm? it seems to always happen when the rpm hits 2700 and the length of the sound and vibration is consistent whether or not i continue to raise the rpms or let off when it starts.. hopefully its just the dizzy so i have an excuse to go with msd.. lol

thanks fellas.. adam, would the oil pump shaft cause it to only happen at a certain rpm? it seems to always happen when the rpm hits 2700 and the length of the sound and vibration is consistent whether or not i continue to raise the rpms or let off when it starts.. hopefully its just the dizzy so i have an excuse to go with msd.. lol

Do not go with MSD... Just go stock replacement.:nice:

perfect.. thanks for the confirmation and information kamikaze.. so since people say to steer away from the msd dizzy, lots are having good results from the summit dizzy? i honestly dont trust the local parts store or used dizzy from junkyards or whatever.. need it soon.. summit the best bet?