non roller 302 in fox?

SuperCavy

Founding Member
May 14, 2001
Beaman, Iowa
aite so i got a non roller 302 out of a f150 i'm gonna try and put in my 90 notch. i know the firing orders are different from roller to non roller, but what else is gonna be a problem? will the computer still try firing it as a roller or can i just swap the plug wires around and hope it goes? but then is the fuel injectors gonna hit when they need to? any help is always appreciated

• Sponsors (?)

aite so i got a non roller 302 out of a f150 i'm gonna try and put in my 90 notch. i know the firing orders are different from roller to non roller, but what else is gonna be a problem? will the computer still try firing it as a roller or can i just swap the plug wires around and hope it goes? but then is the fuel injectors gonna hit when they need to? any help is always appreciated
You'll need a non-roller dist (cast iron gear) and there is a how to out there on how to re-pin the ECM connector so that it fires in batch-fire 302 firing order like the non-HOs.
HTH
--Kyle
PS: I'll be damned, the firing order IS different. I had a non-HO and no one I asked was sure. Thank you Google :rlaugh:

I did this to mine once. I had and 86 t-bird non HO and just swaped out to the Rollor Cam out of my stock 5.0HO motor I had. And I use my stock HO dis. Have han no problems what so ever. The internals are all the same, "as in the cranks in the non HOs fire the same as a HO motor, just have different cam specs.