Noob Question about an Engine Swap

Hey guys, new here and I got a question. I am getting a 01 GT soon (waitin on the bank loan to go through) and the engine is kinda old beacuse im buyin it used. I was thinking of just replacing the 4.6L with a new one but I am having trouble finding the engine to purchase. I did not see it on fordracing.com but I am a noob so maybe im not looking in the right place. Also if anybody has any idea on a better engine that can fit in an 01 GT, be my guest and tell me about it. Any help would be great. Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

Well first off how many miles are on it, and is it having engine problems?? These motors can last over 200k miles if treated properlly. Some people have added blowers after 100k miles. Theres at least one person of heard of that drag races at 280k miles!!

Drop in a Mach1 motor :nice:

Check out vt engines.

The engine has about 140k miles on it. I would just like to start off fresh with a new motor, then later worry about the transmission and suspension. Previous owner did some tranny work so it should be fine. Would a Mach1 motor fit? 4.6L only tuned to 305hp, so i guess it would work. Where do I buy one and any more info would be helpful.

Imo if your taking a loan out on a car that needs its engine serviced to the extent of a complete replacement, look elsewhere for your car.

If you have the cash to drop on something like that, ok fine, but when you have to get a loan then I would advise to pass.

But then again this is America, land of the free and home of credit.