• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-

Nordskog Gauge Cluster

  • Thread starter Thread starter 95Vert383AOD
  • Start date Start date Feb 20, 2009

95Vert383AOD

15 Year Member
Jun 10, 2008
1,133
34
69
New Bedford, MA
Feb 20, 2009
#1
  • Feb 20, 2009
  • #1
Anyone use one of these clusters??? Seems to be a direct plugin. I'm thinking about the blue one.

Nordskog Performance Products

Thanks guys.
 

BlownFiveLiter

have car, will race....wait, it doesn't run
15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
3,133
18
108
Chicagoland
Feb 20, 2009
#2
  • Feb 20, 2009
  • #2
I think they're kinda cool. The only thing I don't like is that the tach increases in 100 RPM increments from what I've read about them.
 

95Vert383AOD

15 Year Member
Jun 10, 2008
1,133
34
69
New Bedford, MA
Feb 20, 2009
#3
  • Feb 20, 2009
  • #3
Yeah ive already got an analog style tach./ water temp/ oil pressure by autometer. Personally i would just be buying it for the coolness factor and that i shouldn't be able to bury the needle on a 300mph speedometer.
 
T

thethirdeye88

New Member
Apr 22, 2008
113
0
0
paragould arkansas
Feb 20, 2009
#4
  • Feb 20, 2009
  • #4
i dont really like it...i'd rather have the simco unit from americanmuscle.com...
 

Car Nut

Founding Member
Jul 6, 2000
1,176
1
37
Snellville, Georgia (Atlanta area)
Feb 20, 2009
#5
  • Feb 20, 2009
  • #5
I've considered swapping the cluster in my 94 GT, but this is the first one I've seen that actually uses the stock wiring harness.

It fits 94-98??? But these clusters are different in regards to the stock wiring, right?

Does anyone know if anything is lost compared to the stock cluster. I've got a bad fuel guage, so I've been thinking about getting a used one. I like the tire size calibration thing too.

I'm guessing logic says the guages on this cluster would be no more accurate than the stock cluster or am I wrong?

Not cheap, but intersting.
 

Car Nut

Founding Member
Jul 6, 2000
1,176
1
37
Snellville, Georgia (Atlanta area)
Feb 20, 2009
#6
  • Feb 20, 2009
  • #6
I just read the installation instructions for the 94-98 unit.....

This is not a direct plug-in unit. You'll have to take the stock cluster all apart, undo all the wires from the stock connect, and finish off by putting various parts/wire connections on the new cluster.

If I'm wrong, then maybe someone has this cluster personally and can testify what is up.
 
D

dutch5.0

New Member
Feb 6, 2009
20
0
0
Netherlands
Feb 20, 2009
#7
  • Feb 20, 2009
  • #7
from what I know the cluster from american muscle only fits 96+ cars.. So I find it odd that this one should work for 94-98 ones.
 

95Vert383AOD

15 Year Member
Jun 10, 2008
1,133
34
69
New Bedford, MA
Feb 20, 2009
#8
  • Feb 20, 2009
  • #8
I think the only difference between the 94-95 and 96-98 clusters is the odometer. This doesn't have an odometer. i don't think they changed anything as far as the sending units for the fuel/ Speedometer/ oil pressure/ water temp/ the tach and voltage doesn't need a sending unit.(Obviously) If this has detailed instructions as far as what wires go where i see this as a fun Saturday project.
 

99FiveOh

15 Year Member
May 20, 2006
2,051
20
99
J-Ville, FL
Feb 21, 2009
#9
  • Feb 21, 2009
  • #9
Damn! Weren't these things like 300 bucks a couple years ago?

A buddy of mine had one in his 87GT, but he said it was a wiring nightmare and he would never attempt to do it himself. It was already installed when he bought the car.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

C
Electrical Fuel Gauge...Help! What did I do or Didn't Do?
  • ChickenDeluxe
  • Sep 3, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
2
Views
166
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Sep 3, 2026
ChickenDeluxe
C
Interior and Upholstery 1993 Instrument Cluster cover
  • KevinV
  • Jul 2, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
6
Views
180
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jul 3, 2026
AeroCoupe
W
FoxBody Gauge Cluster - What would you pay?
  • wildstang17
  • Jun 25, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
1
Views
315
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jun 26, 2025
Mustang5L5
R
1987 LX 5.0 Slosh module/ Voltage Regulator
  • Riley Barth
  • Jun 8, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
0
Views
132
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jun 8, 2025
Riley Barth
R
F
1987 Mustang tachometer removal from cluster
  • FoxDude87
  • Mar 31, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
255
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Apr 1, 2025
FoxDude87
F
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?