North San Diego County

• Sponsors (?)

I'm also from Esco...although I have been away for a couple of years. When I came back my auto mechanic/shop closed down...no doubt due to the economy. They were AutoSport Perfromance off of Vineyard in the autopark. Now I am looking for a reputable/reliable performance shop which I can trust with my pride and joy. Any suggestions...My mustang is older and modified. Thanks in advance for your inputs.

Woodside auto and smog is one of the best places. Pierre is very knowledgeable when it comes to mustangs. This shop not only does performance mods for mustangs, but also service other makes and models. It's a complete shop.

No I didn't...been out of the scene ...I just cruise around on nice days. What I am looking for is, as my OP, a good shop/mechanic...I need to get my brakes done. I still have the original 4lug. I really really like my wheels so I am reluctant to change them out, but I do need the brakes worked on. The usual change pads/shoes(rear) turn the rotors and flush the fluid and anything else that may need attention. So I keep searching.

No I haven't...I did call them for a quote on some exhaust work for my diesel so I've been meaning to check them out. They sounded upbeat on the phone. When you had your work done, and this may sound silly or over the top, but did you happen to notice the general upkeep of the shop. Did it look clean and professional. Did the crew look like they had training, like patches or plaques clearly displayed? Were there other recommendations of extra work your car may need? Was everything clearly explained to you prior to work done? Sorry for the interrogation, but I am real paranoid since I have been burned in the past, with either shoddy work or the kind of treatment not deserving of our rides.

No I haven't...I did call them for a quote on some exhaust work for my diesel so I've been meaning to check them out. They sounded upbeat on the phone. When you had your work done, and this may sound silly or over the top, but did you happen to notice the general upkeep of the shop. Did it look clean and professional. Did the crew look like they had training, like patches or plaques clearly displayed? Were there other recommendations of extra work your car may need? Was everything clearly explained to you prior to work done? Sorry for the interrogation, but I am real paranoid since I have been burned in the past, with either shoddy work or the kind of treatment not deserving of our rides.
The work and the waiting area seemed to be well maintained. I am not 100% sure, but I believe I saw plaques on the wall. They didn't try to get me for any additional work. I just came in to have my rear brake pads replaced. I had about 52,000 miles on the car and I was getting ready to take a cross country trip. For parts and labor they charged $207.

Mechanic in Escondido

Hello all...Wanted to get back and let yall know that I found a decent performance shop. I'm finally having my brakes worked on along with some other minor (oil drip) issues addressed as well. I should pick up the car this weekend. The shop owner was concerned about driving my car in the rain for the final test...He called me at work and asked if it was ok to drive it in the rain...Of course I asked if we could hold off, he said sure no problem. I thought that this was the extra step that so many other shops don't care about. This guy knows how I feel about my pride and joy and he respected that by giving me a call. That is a ok in my books. The name of the shop is A-1 Carberators. Don't let the name fool you they do other work besides just carbs. They are located in Escondido at the corner of Grand and Rose. They are in the back portion of the business complex.
Any way wanted to let every one know that these guys take your ride as serious as you do. Next is tires. I'm looking at the Dunlop StarSpec all the way round.

Happy Trails

Hi guys. I actually live up in Temecula and work in Escondido. I'm currently Stang-less but that's going to change soon. I should be ordering my 2011 MCA V6 in a couple weeks. You'll know the new Mustang is coming when you see the FOR SALE sign in the window of my Subaru Outback Sport in the California Center for the Arts, Escondido parking lot where I work.
Hey Gman. Thanks for the info. on insurance for a V6 vs. a V8. I now really considering the 5.0 much more seriously than before.

Hi guys. I actually live up in Temecula and work in Escondido. I'm currently Stang-less but that's going to change soon. I should be ordering my 2011 MCA V6 in a couple weeks. You'll know the new Mustang is coming when you see the FOR SALE sign in the window of my Subaru Outback Sport in the California Center for the Arts, Escondido parking lot where I work.
Hey Gman. Thanks for the info. on insurance for a V6 vs. a V8. I now really considering the 5.0 much more seriously than before.

No problem. If insurance is indeed that much different for you, I say get the 5.0. You will be kicking yourself if you don't.