NOS question

qwick94GT

Nov 20, 2004
I was looking into a ZEX kit for my car. I want to spray a 100 shot. My Motor has 137,000 miles on it, and I take good care of her. What would I need to get/change to make this work?

• Sponsors (?)

i had the zex kit on my t/a then put it on my rustang. i had very good luck with it, just if you have an auto get a window switch, bottle heaters are almost a must with any dry kit, platnum/iridium plugs are a no-no, and don't use a fuel pressure safety switch(or non-safety switch as i like to call them)

According to Zex, you don't need anything. According to Swarzkopf, you need the following:

-Larger fuel pump (I use a 190lph BBK)
-Adjustable fuel pressure regulator (I use an Aeromotive piece).
-Spark plugs 1 or 2 heat ranges colder than stock (Autolite #23 or #24)

These three things will guarantee safe nitrous use and give you piece of mind as well.

Do a search, this is asked 1000 times a week.

Zex is NOT NOS. NOS = Nitrous Oxide Systems. They make a 5115 dry system for 5.0's and a plate system. At least know how to SAY it before you SPRAY it ;)

You NEED a good fuel pump (255 high press), colder plugs gapped lower, 93 octane and pull timing.

You NEED a good fuel pump (255 high press), colder plugs gapped lower, 93 octane and pull timing.

You don't NEED a 255lph fuel pump for a basic nitrous kit. If the stock pump is okay, you could get away with it. I prefer not to take chances and installed a 190lph pump, and haven't had an issue after three tanks have been put through my engine; the last tank I was spraying 125.

As far as "nitrous oxide" meaning "NOS", everyone calls it NOS now, oh well.