• Mustang Forums
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech

Not Enough Holes

  • Thread starter Thread starter 1967project
  • Start date Start date Jun 27, 2008

1967project

New Member
Dec 28, 2006
89
0
0
Oklahoma
Jun 27, 2008
#1
  • Jun 27, 2008
  • #1
Ok so im sure im not the first to realize that on a 67 dash I need one more hole to complete the oil, temp, volt, gas, rpm, spedo combiniation.
I dont want a pillar pod, or a single pod on the dash.
Has anyone out there had success with transplanting a 66 gauge cluster into a 67 or making their own? Or am I just missing something when it comes to aftermarket gauges?
I feel I can do without the RPM since it is an auto, and I dont like having to squint at a 4 in 1 guage.
 
S

SNAKEPILOT

New Member
Jul 8, 2005
112
0
0
Jun 27, 2008
#2
  • Jun 27, 2008
  • #2
What about a console for your extra gauges?

 

1967project

New Member
Dec 28, 2006
89
0
0
Oklahoma
Jun 27, 2008
#3
  • Jun 27, 2008
  • #3
Would this be a shifter console/ pod?
I was attempting to keep everything on/ in the gauge cluster.
 

Rusty67

20+ Year Stangneter
Dec 3, 2002
3,749
37
109
LA, CA
Jun 29, 2008
#4
  • Jun 29, 2008
  • #4
JME makes a cluster with an extra gauge hole in it but it costs $$$$$. I think there might be some empty knockoffs on ebay these days. the JME set is WAY over priced. I have the same problem with the gauges in my 67... I want one more. Another alternative I've seen is to use a tach that would fit in the smaller gauge hole. Personally, if I'm going to have a tach at all, its going in the big hole.
 

Markus

Member
Feb 29, 2004
238
2
19
germany
Jun 29, 2008
#5
  • Jun 29, 2008
  • #5
what is with a pillar pod?

 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

C
Electrical Fuel Gauge...Help! What did I do or Didn't Do?
  • ChickenDeluxe
  • Sep 3, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
2
Views
161
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Sep 3, 2026
ChickenDeluxe
C
W
Headlights dimmer and gauges arent playing nice
  • wmfmike3
  • Aug 30, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
0
Views
222
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 30, 2025
wmfmike3
W
Resolved 93 Mustang 5.0 - Cranks but does not start
  • dan50
  • Jul 18, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
6
Views
343
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jul 18, 2026
dan50
E
Dash lights and button lights went out
  • Edripz
  • Oct 19, 2023
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
0
Views
761
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Oct 19, 2023
Edripz
E
Progress Thread Giving an abandoned 88 GT project a new chance at life
  • jaketractor
  • Jan 9, 2025
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
  • 2
Replies
27
Views
2K
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jul 20, 2025
Noobz347
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?