Not sure what to think on this one

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah it actually looks ok Mike. That car would still be a ton of work though. How much money would it take, and would it even be worth it is my question.

Really needs an on-site determination to figure that out. #1 it would need to be able to be returned to stock body. If those rear flares are welded on, i'd pass. I like that strut tower, but the hatch looks like swiss cheese. If the floorboards look similar, or anywhere else that's typical for these cars it's a hard pass. Sad to say it but that car will likely head to the scrap heap.

I really wish I could figure out how many fox bodies are left. I haven't seen one "in the wild" in my neck of the woods since last summer.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I don't hate widebody's but i don't want one either.
I do wish they didn't do it to a t top

If it's not rusted out, i'd say whoever buys it should just complete the widebody look at this point.
It's already stripped down and it's not like anyone that goes widebody puts stock parts on the car anyway.
Could be a really fun project for someone capable of the body work.

It's also the type of car that i use for an example of what not to do.
Never start a project where you don't have the skills, money and at least 90% of the parts needed to complete it.
Because before you know it, you see your rusty out baby sitting lopsided on a trailer on an internet ad.

Kinda weird it showed up on a craigs search for me, mapping it says 2 hours 41 minutes. Or i'd at least go look for curiosity.

Here's what I see typically in the Northeast

Notice how he quickly breezes over the one thing that would have people running from this car. Sadly, this sort of rust is typical here, and why clean foxes easily go for $10K+

EDIT; pretty clean roller

Time capsule

In actuality the doors and t top roof section is worth 800 to a grand around here. Some autox racer would by the wide body for a couple hundred. That kit is fiberglass ( i remember when they first came out ). The rear quarters are probably cut under the flares.

I think it could still make a cool car with a lot of work. I don't mind those kits but the body color and stance have to be near perfect.

Would make a good track car body....with a hard top. T top would flex without serious caging.