notch-is this worht the price

• Sponsors (?)

sorry,link dont work so heres wut it has.1988 FORD MUSTANG, 95K mi, ps, tilt, p/windows, tint, am/fm, E303 cam, alum D shaft, new Cobra clutch, BBK polished headers, per. h-pipe, 3.73s, new posi, MAF, 255lph bbk fuel pump, needs minor work/paint, runs great, $2,995 obo,

the problem is...that the notch is so rare now that even the converted ones arn't frowned upon anymore...this is especially true in the midwest...if its a notch its automatically worth $1500 more than the rest...MAKE sure the body has no rust...you can always replace the interior but bodyworks cost some carzy money...

the guy said that the tranny and the rear are both converted to the normal v8 stuff.and he also said that he would take 2000.haha,yes.im goin to be getting a notch.hopefully its not in that bad of shape.is there anything i should look out for in a 4cyl sawp stang

squeeeg said:
There is no way I would pay that much for a car, in what sounds like bad shape. I only paid $2500 for my notch with a 2 year old paint job and 111k miles.

Wow the more i read, the more i realize what a good deal i got on my notch. I bought mine with new (orange peel MAACO) paint, a fresh 306, Tremec, original 5L car for $2600. It was on the stangnet classifieds and about 350 miles away from me. With the trailer rental and gas, i ended up spending $3000 for the car. Up here in MA notches are getting scarse......i could get close to $6000 for mine up here!

so is that too much for me to pay,i live in pheonix arizona and i havent ever seen a notch for sale at this low of a price.i honeslty thought this was a great deal.plus it needs to be a daily driver

mackey said:
Who cares about the engine/motor, It costs so much more to get a decent paint job. A car with alot of rust is harder to fix than a car with a blown headgasket.
the body isnt thrashed it jus dosent have paint.and i can take it to maaco or earl shibe and get a quick job for pretty cheap,paint isnt really my concern rite now i jus really want a nothc to start out with and there like almost impossible to find here.and 2000 is pretty cheap

If you have the money to get it from where it is now to where you want it to be and still come up with a price that you think is decent then go for it. I personally would walk away from the car and find something else that is a little better for a little more money.