nx 125 wet shot!!!

• Sponsors (?)

I wouldn't run a 125 shot on stock plugs or fuel pump. I would atleast get 190 lph fuel pump and get a set up plugs one heat range colder to prevent dentination. You might be asking for trouble running it on stock componets.

In MM&FF or 5.0 (can't remember which) magazine's mail section I've seen them recommend both 75 and 100 as a limit (depending on who was writing it) to avoid long term damage to a stock 2v.

On the street I've heard some people swear against it in any application and others who have had no problems.. It just depends on who you talk to.

Chili said:
In MM&FF or 5.0 (can't remember which) magazine's mail section I've seen them recommend both 75 and 100 as a limit (depending on who was writing it) to avoid long term damage to a stock 2v.

On the street I've heard some people swear against it in any application and others who have had no problems.. It just depends on who you talk to.

exactly, there is no safe range with it. i've seen people pop their stuff with a 75 shot & then i've seen people run 150 shots all day long :shrug:

I agree with WhiteNight - run a better fuel pump, get some AWSF-22C spark plugs or NGK TR6 plugs - make sure your get a good tune for when ya juice it. You might wanna try with a 75 shot first to check your air/fuel on your first run, that way you have base numbers to work with and dont blow your engine doing a 125 shot your first time out.

stangman said:
exactly, there is no safe range with it. i've seen people pop their stuff with a 75 shot & then i've seen people run 150 shots all day long :shrug:

As far as the "boom-bitch" factor I think a good tune and proper use will usually avoid that but yeah, you never know. It's just like axles.. Some guys run slicks all day long and never have a problem, others break them first time out.

I would say that if you're racing or otherwise modding your car, expect a high likelyhood of breaking something. If it's your only ride and you won't have the cash to fix it then stay conservative. If you have the backup and the cash, run the sh** out of it!

I ran 100 shot on my 96 with a 190 lph fuel pump and autolite plugs one setting colder. Stock timing at 10 deg. and i never had a problem. You don't need a different pump for 100 but like i said your prob asking for problems there. And a good tune is gona help you stay away from problems along with getting your a few extra hp.

And yes NX does make a 125 jet you just have to call them and order it from them.

blackink00 said:
nx doesnt make a 125 shot in the wet kit. it goes from 100 to 150

96WhiteNight said:
I ran 100 shot on my 96 with a 190 lph fuel pump and autolite plugs one setting colder. Stock timing at 10 deg. and i never had a problem. You don't need a different pump for 100 but like i said your prob asking for problems there. And a good tune is gona help you stay away from problems along with getting your a few extra hp.

And yes NX does make a 125 jet you just have to call them and order it from them.

I also ran a 100 wet shot for a little while and had plugs 2 steps colder than stock and the stock fuel pump and a tune and I had no problems. The kit should be goign back on before the week is over. :nice:

SonicBlueBabe said:
I also ran a 100 wet shot for a little while and had plugs 2 steps colder than stock and the stock fuel pump and a tune and I had no problems. The kit should be goign back on before the week is over. :nice:

I just didn't want to run to lean and end up blowing **** up. But whatever works for everybody else. There is no one correct way of doing everyone will try their own way.

As for me i sold the kit im going to be lookin into a KB 2.2 in the future