O/r H-pipe Install Question

Jordan Warta

Nov 29, 2015
I currently have a BBK catted x-pipe on my 95 5.0. However I am looking to switch over to an O/R h-pipe because the catted pipe is not that loud. I had professionals install the first midpipe. I am going to install the new one at home. I understand its a basic bolt on process. I have one question though, I noticed there is a metal tube on the midpipe and it connects up to the air tube on the car or something. I looked under the car and currently the tube is connected with 2 metal clamps and a rubber hose, do I just undo the clamps and take the hose off, then when I re-install the new midpipe simply do the same thing?

• Sponsors (?)

Easy to switch.Take the o2 sensors out, bolts off the headers, bolts off behind the x-pipe, take the hose off, then slide the x pipe off the hangers. New mid pipe slides in the hangers, screw(not tighten) the nuts/bolts on the header and the backside. Put the rubber hose on the the new h-pipe (there will be another pipe coming off the h-pipe) and clamp it back to the tube you took it off of. Tighten the bolts and attach the o2 sensors. Also make sure you have a 7/8 wrench for the o2 sensors.