odd engine problem

mean2001gt

Jan 27, 2004
danville, ca
ok well i noticed it today when i was in WOT at about 4,000RPM the engine stoped pulling hard so i shut it down. then when i came to the stop at the next light the oil pressure spiked way down and then rose back up again immediatly to normal. if never experienced something like this and i don't have the slightest idea what's wrong. i'm due for an oil change and i think that may have something to do with it. any other ideas?

--chris

• Sponsors (?)

mean2001gt said:
ok well i noticed it today when i was in WOT at about 4,000RPM the engine stoped pulling hard so i shut it down. then when i came to the stop at the next light the oil pressure spiked way down and then rose back up again immediatly to normal. if never experienced something like this and i don't have the slightest idea what's wrong. i'm due for an oil change and i think that may have something to do with it. any other ideas?

--chris

sounds like the oil pump may be crappin out. did the oil light come on?

Maybe An Oil Pump But I Would Check The Obvious First. Is It Full Oil. The F150's Are Known For That Same Problem, They Are Fixed With A New Oil Pressure Sender. Very Rarely Do The Oil Pumps Quit.