Odd problem Mach460 headunit with subs added

FivePointStang

Founding Member
May 22, 2001
Springfield, OH
I got the write up off of here after searching and a guy with an 03 Cobra convertible had done it. I couldnt use the one off Mustang world, because his was a hard top and the wiring was in different spots.

ANYHOW... after doing the complete install I have began having this weird problem. Now, when I turn on the car the factory headunit will have all the lights light up on it (where the time/radio station is) so its just a bunch of green jibberish. I can hear the radio on, but I cant adjust the volume or anything. Then I turn the car off and back on again and its perfectly fine.

Have any of you used the factory Mach460 with a line-out convertor to hook up subs and had a similar problem?

Thanks
Chris

• Sponsors (?)

Yes, i did the same set-up, installed the line converter to the stock mach subs and ran the remote to the radio fuse in teh fuse box. Although u have not had this problem and the subs are working good everytime i turn the car on. Where do u have the remote power line hooked up to?

I've done the line-in install, and had that problem, but it seemed unrelated. It didn't happen after installing the sub, it was later on. My g/f was holding the VOL button when I switched from ON to START, once the radio came on the screen was scrambled and you couldn't adjust it. I threw the car into neutral driving down the road, turned it off and restarted it and it was okay (plus I've always wanted to do that while moving).

With that said, maybe a button is sticking?