Official 2008 NASCAR Sprint Cup Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've questioned Tony's calls on more than one occasion myself. I guess Jr. trusts him though. I imagine being a NASCAR crew chief is not as easy as one may think though.

U.M.
and of course, it's always easy to question the call after the fact.

No one questioned the call that won him his race on fuel mileage :shrug:

monday morning crew chiefs :nonono:
 
I've questioned Tony's calls on more than one occasion myself. I guess Jr. trusts him though.
U.M.

Several laps prior to the yellow the talking heads were trying to figure out what there was to be gained by Jr. staying out and not pitting. There consensus was nothing to be gained but lots to loose. When they interviewed him about the decision he did little clear things up and I was kind of left with the impression that he just didn’t get it.


I imagine being a NASCAR crew chief is not as easy as one may think though.



I agree & I’d like to hear his reasoning maybe there’s something missed by the analysts. :shrug:
 
try the Nextel Fan Scan. That thing is awesome

Yeah, I've got the good old Uniden Bearcat race scanner and some head gear from Track Scan. One of my buddies rents one of those Nextel things, and they are really cool.

I wish I was making the Michigan race, after all, we do have a couple of infield spots, but I did make it to the Chicagoland race this year. I guess it just means I should go to the Woodward Cruise, since I haven't been to that in about five years since i was always at the race track from Thursday to Monday.
 
My two fav quotes I remember with my scanner at Dega was at the start Darryl Waltrip hollering "We are toast" before he even crossed the start/finish as he discovered his car was going to run about 1 second slower than everyone else. :rlaugh:

The other is when Earnhardt Sr and Steve Park were riding side by side and Park was crowding him to the inside. Sr came on and said "Tell that 1 car if he doesn't get up off me I'm going to put his ****in ass into the wall". He came back to explain that his car wasn't handling well and he didn't want him to be so close.

Then I heard Jeff Gordon crying about a little "rain on the windshield" as he was running in the back after a bad pitstop. Scanners are pretty fun to have at the track.
 
I won't lie.. I nearly left the room with Kyle took the lead. I was thinking "here we go again :rolleyes: )

I'm glad I didn't leave. It was great seeing the disappointment on his face in the interview :D

I hope someone takes him out the first race of the first lap in the chase and he goes 140 points in the hole :D
 
can anyone explain why the Canadian flag was being flown at the MIS?????
Well the last time that question came up the explanation was because someone in the race was of Canadian citizenship.

I won't lie.. I nearly left the room with Kyle took the lead. I was thinking "here we go again :rolleyes: )

I'm glad I didn't leave. It was great seeing the disappointment on his face in the interview :D

I hope someone takes him out the first race of the first lap in the chase and he goes 140 points in the hole :D
+1.

U.M.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.