official 4.6 liter Mustang photo thread

Post of the nicest 4.6's

Let's see 'em ladies and gents
. My 2003 with Stalker body kit and 19" Perelli's
FB_IMG_1476379575114.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Good evening how are you guys. I have a mustang gt 2004 and just replaced the gear on it because the old mechanic f****d up the gears when changing yhe seal. So i went to mustang magic in long island to change the gear and updated the gears to 3.73 rather than 3.27 stock. So the new gears are whinning I am taking the car back next week to mustang magic for a fix. If they are unable to fix or decide not to fix it which other shops do you recommend.

Hey there also on Long Island and actually bringing my car there for gear install in a couple weeks. Mustang Magic has been around forever im sure they will correct the issue for you.
How much did they charge you for the install ? And how do you like the 3:73s ?

Hey there also on Long Island and actually bringing my car there for gear install in a couple weeks. Mustang Magic has been around forever im sure they will correct the issue for you.
How much did they charge you for the install ? And how do you like the 3:73s ?

So they charge 599 plus tax for the gear install this includes the gear itself and the gear fluid and friction modifier and seals. But in my case I paid 748 because my axel bearings and wheel seal were leaking. So when you do install the new gears do tell them to look at the axel bearing and the seals and also the pinon seals. I love the 3.73 when it comes to acceleration and the feel the rpm is little higher as expected and the gas milage is affected a little not much .I dont know what other people have to say about it but i would highly recommend updating it to either 3.55 or 3.73 but anything higher than that is not for our mustangs thats just my opnion other might disagree. And also I would tell you not to buy your own gears because its better to buy it from the shop itself because that way they are responsible for any problems. I am taking my car back following week for them to take a look at it again.

Cutecriminal143, I will be the first to disagree with you, I have a 04 with 4:10's that I put in myself and it is almost perfect. Before the gear swap the most I could get out of a full tank was 320 miles, after 4.10's I still can get 320 miles. Highway mikes dropped 2 but city mpg went up 2. Every time I get in the car I redline it every few minutes. Gear up and drive hard!

2001 1/2 and up have a 3650 trans, 5th gear makes 410's GREAT on the highway, t5 trans maybe I would consider 3.73's like I did in my 88 5.0, my 04 if I ever take the rear end apart I will put in 4.30:1

IMG_2362.PNG
Cutecriminal143, I will be the first to disagree with you, I have a 04 with 4:10's that I put in myself and it is almost perfect. Before the gear swap the most I could get out of a full tank was 320 miles, after 4.10's I still can get 320 miles. Highway mikes dropped 2 but city mpg went up 2. Every time I get in the car I redline it every few minutes. Gear up and drive hard!

2001 1/2 and up have a 3650 trans, 5th gear makes 410's GREAT on the highway, t5 trans maybe I would consider 3.73's like I did in my 88 5.0, my 04 if I ever take the rear end apart I will put in 4.30:1

Attachments

• IMG_2363.PNG
    IMG_2363.PNG
    780.3 KB · Views: 331