Official "show Us Ur Grill" Thread

:fuss:

So I decided to take a stab at some Boneless Pork "Ribs" and not happy with the results. I think I should have treated them more like a tenderloin, instead of like regular ribs. Hell I'm not even sure where this cut of meat is located on the pig. I followed the given cook times and procedures and the meat ended up fully cooked, but I think it was overcooked. The end piece that I sampled, before storing the "ribs" in the fridge over night, was tough and dry. :notnice:

For real ribs they suggested 2hrs on lowest flame possible, then remove from heat, apply sauce, wrap in foil, then wrap in towel and place in thermal cooler for additional 2hrs.

For Tenderloin they suggest to cook on medium/high to a set internal temp (about 20 min.)

Now when these "ribs" need to be reheated, they are going to get tougher and probably dryer. :mad:

12541160_1045669468788782_2063250473186043266_n.webp

12552948_1045765752112487_8326413751205710024_n.webp

12548919_1045765908779138_5068141162154374892_n.webp
 
@Jinx For that much cash check out the iGrill2. I wasn't sure how much you'd be willing to spend on one. The iGrill2 has IIRC 4 probes (1 of which is for ambient temp.), 150' of Bluetooth Connection, 200 hour battery life. It's "The Bees Knees". :nice:
 
  • Like
Reactions: Jinx
@Jinx For that much cash check out the iGrill2. I wasn't sure how much you'd be willing to spend on one. The iGrill2 has IIRC 4 probes (1 of which is for ambient temp.), 150' of Bluetooth Connection, 200 hour battery life. It's "The Bees Knees". :nice:
Does it calculate and adjust for ambient temp??? how many probes does it actually come with?
Amazon has one for $89
 
What do you mean by adjust? Anywhere from 1-4 depending on where you purchase. I know they recently had a sale for Christmas that was the whole sha-bang for $85 ish. I guess the sale is over. Seems the packages with 4 probes are an extra $30 or so dollars.
 
@85rkyboby Thanks for the info. :nice:

I bought the iGrill2 and a set of extra probes. Real easy to set up and simple app interface. It will be great to have one set for ambient temp. so I will know if the tank runs out between spot checks.

I've got some cornish game hens going in the "fryer" tonight. We'll see just how well it works.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 85rkyboby
@85rkyboby Thanks for the info. :nice:

I bought the iGrill2 and a set of extra probes. Real easy to set up and simple app interface. It will be great to have one set for ambient temp. so I will know if the tank runs out between spot checks.

I've got some cornish game hens going in the "fryer" tonight. We'll see just how well it works.


I really wish I married you!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I really wish I married you!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You can have the spot outside the one window. (sorry, best I can do) :cheers:


Well the game hens are so small that it was difficult to get the probes to sit right. One read 14* higher than the other right from the first 5 min of cooking, so I figured I did not get it centered in the mass. So I took the average temp between to two as my cook temp. After 45 minutes they were almost done, so I took them off the heat, tented them with foil and let the carry over heat finish them off.

12631363_1049672361721826_7306373270418429103_n.webp

12647489_1049672731721789_3079314330939146805_n.webp

You can see the blue from the flame ring at the base of the cooker.

12644883_1049672271721835_7617351122526769638_n.webp

12622245_1049672438388485_8865187774297033829_o.webp

12640248_1049672221721840_4890988062728445999_o.webp
 
  • Like
Reactions: Noobz347 and DocG