Official "show Us Ur Grill" Thread

So I've taken another stab at ribs. This time I'm using real ribs instead of those "boneless" ones. They cooked completely different since a lot of the infrared heat had to pass by/through the bone first. The boneless ones are more like a loin and without those bones the meat cooked faster and got dryer and tough.

so here they are loaded and already in for 1 hour.
12670294_1052678381421224_3889605205712769890_n.webp
12642899_1052678494754546_1129958374591070330_n.webp


and Done at 2 hours:
12509626_1052678538087875_3450858427731844468_n.webp

They are currently wrapped in foil resting in a cooler for 2 hours.
 
Asian Chicken: Brined 48 hrs. In soy sauce, water, spices. Then dry rubbed with salt, pepper and wasabi powder. Sounds promising.

well the dry rub got a little too toasty and it honestly had more salt in it than I would have liked. So I ditched the skin and all is good. The brine really allowed the chicken to stay extra moist and has a hint of soy. I won't mind trying this one again, just need to make some minor adjustments.

12715586_1060155154006880_3514659437940504442_n.webp

12745876_1060178427337886_4556307597675260894_n.webp
 
Looks awesome but I can see you maybe rubbed your meat a bit much. The skin is the best part!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You are correct. The rub was to be portioned for a 12lb turkey, inside and out. I had a 6lb chicken, so I ended up with more of a bark like you would on a pork shoulder. My brain stopped working and I used most of the rub. Lesson learned. However, with wassabi powder, you get all the flavor without any of the heat.
 
For my friends that feel the need they have to wait until spring:

If you are hungry, look away now.


9 lbs. of bone-in pork shoulder and 4 1/2 hours of low cook time to internal temp of 160*. It's resting in foil and waiting to be shredded.
*EDIT* The LP tank that I was using when I first started this adventure was not even completely full, but it ran out today while doing the shoulder. It probably would have lasted even longer if I had not used it on the fry stand to cook up some catfish a few times.

12745927_1064772043545191_7776103527643559289_n.webp
12795507_1064772083545187_2297753217103118240_n.webp
12799201_1064771943545201_2682550266317931789_n.webp
10264697_1064771913545204_3855777609226711069_n.webp
10400198_1064772126878516_2755250239064482945_n.webp
12670933_1064771983545197_4627683708249742221_n.webp
12734202_1064772150211847_6703770122488720400_n.webp
 
Last edited:
You are killing me man! Killing me!

How many people do you feed every night? A small army!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nah. Half of that is going to get shredded then vacu-sealed and frozen. The other half will go to feed 4 people for 2 meals. BBQ pork sandwiches and a plain pulled pork with black eyed peas and greens.
 
  • Like
Reactions: DocG
I really wish you would quit posting pics of your wife and ruining a thread full of deliciousness that most men would eat.

If that's what you like to eat, good for you.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Continuing with de-virginizing this thing. Tonight's special... 5lb beef roast. Simple salt and pepper with a Montreal rub.
I don't do this to torture, but to inspire. Get out there and grill my friends.

12809527_1066977743324621_3452349827559418610_n.webp

12801195_1066977746657954_7854886888695153450_n.webp

Half way done at 75* internal temp:

12790876_1066981886657540_7579506329581512027_n.webp

10 degrees off the mark: Time to go put the top on to quick render the fat cap down,

12512261_1066997203322675_3567035694493376742_n.webp
 
Last edited: