Oh No ! It Was A 64 1/2 ...

horse sence

15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
Wile Coyote's stunt double
I was given a Mustang to haul off .Turns out to be an F code /260 1964 1/2 . I would have liked to save it but it is in such bad shape it would need almost every piece of sheet metal replaced :( It has a bench seat that is very save able ,and both 64 1/2 headlight buckets are save able .Along with it ,came a RUG M toploader 4 speed that codes out as a 1967 390 wide ratio 28 spline ..not to bad :D There was two boxes of parts inside ,a lot of it is ford parts still in the ford boxes ,mostly emblems and trim ,but some good pieces :nice:
_MG_5598.JPG
_MG_5600.JPG
_MG_5599.JPG

Some one has done some work on it, Frame rail ,can you tell me what is wrong with this picture:eek: ?
_MG_5601.JPG

• Sponsors (?)

The 4 speed is what i really wanted .It is a RUG M 1967 390 wide ratio .Wish it was a close ratio but i have been looking for a while for a 4 speed for my 69 so i am happy with it . Some one along the way decided it was easier to saw off the genuine chrome competition plus shift leaver instead of un bolting it to remove the transmission :fuss:If they would have left the arm behind i could have tig welded it back and the weld would have been below the shift boot , I hate it when people do things like this :nonono: But what you gona do :doh:
_MG_5604.JPG
_MG_5606.JPG
_MG_5607.JPG
_MG_5605.JPG

@horse sence do you still have the bench seat from this car? I actually really like the look of the bench seat. I especially like the arm rest. I'm a lefty, so I tend to keep my left hand on top of the wheel with my right arm on the arm rest or center console if there is one. I don't want to put one of those modern looking consoles in my car, so I think a bench seat would be the ticket for me.