Oil leak?

Robert_68

New Member
Aug 18, 2004
44
0
0
Ima newb to stangs still and i have a oil leak coming from what looks like the headers? Facing the front of the car, its on the left side closest to the passenger. Any idea on what it could be? Thanks :D
 
or clean it all up really well and run the motor and watch it - you might see a new snail trail for as you watch it.

leaks can be hard to pinpoint - turbulence under the hood at speed swirls the oil all over and the leaks get blown all over everything.

good luck.
 
Here are the pic's I promised... what do you guys think it is?

leak_1 (Small).JPG


leak_2 (Small).JPG


leak_3 (Small).JPG


leak_4 (Small).JPG


leak_5 (Small).JPG
 
Kdubslugga said:
HEY JB, how do you fix the rear main seal?? My is starting to leak really bad!! If its to much of a pain im gonna wait til i get a new engine!

You have to pull the tranny or pull the engine out. I know I was going to pull my engine out to fix the seal. My engine/engine bay is dirtier than a whore on nickle night, so I will be cleaning it then. I will probily work on the engine to fix the burning part.
It's a good plan for when winter comes around when the car is in storage. I stop driving my car next month.
 
i might get a new set of valve cover gaskets. they make some nice ones that have metal captured in rubber - reusable and nice pieces.

good luck.