Oil pressure dropping quick... I Need help!

GTA_V6_Mustang

Nov 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Ok well the car had been more or less behaving pretty well besides the suspension/chassis issues i have but w/e. Ok well when i start the car cold, its fine. Ill drive it around for a bit and it will be fine, but after a good drive, when i let the rpms drop to idle, the oil pressure needle goes eratic towards the little red line and L and trys to drop below the L, so i then have to keep the revs up a bit above about 750 RPM's so im wondering if anyone has any idea what the hell this could be? I was thinking maybe oil pressure switch/sender is going bad or something? Also i use full synthetic 10W30 and a K&N oil filter if that helps at all.

• Sponsors (?)

GTA_V6_Mustang said:
Ok well the car had been more or less behaving pretty well besides the suspension/chassis issues i have but w/e. Ok well when i start the car cold, its fine. Ill drive it around for a bit and it will be fine, but after a good drive, when i let the rpms drop to idle, the oil pressure needle goes eratic towards the little red line and L and trys to drop below the L, so i then have to keep the revs up a bit above about 750 RPM's so im wondering if anyone has any idea what the hell this could be? I was thinking maybe oil pressure switch/sender is going bad or something? Also i use full synthetic 10W30 and a K&N oil filter if that helps at all.

It's most likely the oil pressure sending unit. Check that first before coming to irrational conclusions.

snapple_mustang said:
your oil pressure is dropping because you have a V6
View attachment 471796

??? you must not have anything better to do right?

Anyway, its useless now, i adjusted the idle higher, and forgot to slam the hood down, didnt get 2 minutes from my house and the hood flew open smashing my windshield, denting my roof, and folding my hood. I hate that car, its been nothing but trouble, but what ever thats ok, I still love mustangs, just not mine. But they got me a 330ci BMW 5-speed, so GT's beware :) and V6's dont even try it. But i would like to get this one running right anyway, so where is the sending unit anyway?

Anyway, its useless now, i adjusted the idle higher, and forgot to slam the hood down, didnt get 2 minutes from my house and the hood flew open smashing my windshield, denting my roof, and folding my hood. I hate that car, its been nothing but trouble, but what ever thats ok, I still love mustangs, just not mine. But they got me a 330ci BMW 5-speed, so GT's beware :) and V6's dont even try it. But i would like to get this one running right anyway, so where is the sending unit anyway?

:lol: That sounds like my car, cant turn a corner or even dare to floor it with out something going wrong. I will be getting a gt soon of some kind so, no more :bs:. I say you find a nice field, get your friends and alot of ammo and get all the tension out between you and the car.:nice:

Josh

slow95gt said:
:lol: That sounds like my car, cant turn a corner or even dare to floor it with out something going wrong. I will be getting a gt soon of some kind so, no more :bs:. I say you find a nice field, get your friends and alot of ammo and get all the tension out between you and the car.:nice:

Josh

Trust me I have been thinking about it... Well w/e tomorrow im going to get an estimate to see if i can afford to get this fixed... But w/e im glad that im getting a new car anyway. I just need to hold out 2-3 more weeks :D. But yea my cuzin just lent me her G35 Sports Coupe' and i did not want to give it back, neither did my girlfriend want me to give it back. That is one badddd asss car!