Oil Pressure Guage

• Sponsors (?)

Easy..

You run it to the old elec. oil sender in front of the oil filter..(5.0)
Either unscrew the sender (looks like the taco bell sign) and use or get the fittings for the new gauge line to match the threads there...

Or....Pull the hex tube off completly (unscrew)and have it drilled and taped for the adapter...Remember the adapter is pipe thread (NPT)...Clean out the tube very good and put everything back and you can use both gauges...

I guess when I get around to changing the oil and have the filter off ill just pull that sending unit then drive to Home Depot and get everything fitting the right way... I guess I just wanted a cheap way out :p

-Dallas J

I changed everything on mine including installing a vortech feed line, and a brass tube block extension since mine broke(not a good idea :( I need to change back to stock because it's leaking because I can't tighten it enough, the feed line hits the block before it's tight.) No need ot do it from underneath while the filter is out....but if it makes life easier for you...

IIRC the stock sender is 1/4" threads. i ran a 1.5 or 2" extension from the hex tube, to give my senders room (i have electric senders on both oil gauges, which you dont have).

i would get a new sender from the parts store, for your oem gauge- they are cheap and while the stocker sucks, a new sender may make it less vacuous.

good luck.

DallasJ_TSi said:
Ill go up to autozone this weekend and try and get a new sensor. Thanks for the advice.

I guess it makes sense though since im having issues with it and itll be out anyways :nice:

-Dallas J
that was what i thought too - since i was retaining the stock gauge (as well as the new one), i might as well have it be as accurate as possible.
you have a good plan. good luck.