oil pressure issue?

edddd

Feb 26, 2009
Ok, just installed my Steeda intake, sct tuner and a tune for 93 fuel. When I start the car, the dash dings and says low oil pressure, after a second or 2 the pressure gauge goes up and the message dissappears. The oil level is fine, car seems to run good. I never noticed this before. What do you guys think? Am I being paranoid or what?

• Sponsors (?)

Never ever think you are too paranoid about your car's oil system, cooling system, spark and fuel systems! These are vital to the health of your engine!
If you just noticed it after installing the tune, then why don't you revert it to stock intake and tune and start it up again. If it happens then you might have a problem and if it doesn't then you might want to call your tuner and see if it is their tuning...

I know right? The car seems fine, I start it, and it flashes that message, then the oil pressure gauge pics up pressure and the message goes away. I know it takes a second or so for the gaues to read the info comming in, it just seems wierd.

The only times you should have a delay in oil pressure build up is after an oil change or after the car has sit for a long period of time (a week or longer). There is nothing in a tune that will change anything about the oil pressure. If it persists, take it to the dealer, assuming you're still under warranty.
Dan