oil pressure switch HELP!!!!

SaleenGT2001

Jul 18, 2005
Four Oaks NC
my car has been pulling up DTC 5284, Oil Pressure Switch Failure, ever since it came back from the shop getting a new tranny clutch and flywheel. i checked the connection at the oil filter and it seems to be ok. am i looking at the right place? what is going on with this thing???

• Sponsors (?)

Mine always does when I run the HEC diagnostics. Has from the first time I tried it.. maybe a month after I bought the car brand new.

But yeah, if your MIL is actually on, get up under the car and look at where the oil pressure sending unit is plugged in to the oil filter housing.. there should be an electrical connector on the sender. Remove that, and look at the actual connector, making sure one of the wires didn't get pulled out, or the contacts aren't dirty. Then check the actual prongs on the sender itself, and make sure one of them isn't bent or broken or something.

If everything looks ok, plug it back in, making sure it's firmly seated, then disconnect your battery and leave the door open for a few minutes to erase the code, then check and see if that fixed it.

If it didn't, just replace the sending unit.. they are pretty cheap through Randy Stinchcomb anyway. Seems like your year has an issue with the oil pressure senders anyway.