OK folks, what's fair market value nowadays?

I've run through all the bluebook websites with widely varying results, and I've seen listing between $4500 - $8000 (highly modified) for mid to high hundred thousand mile 94-95 Cobras. For those of you that have purchased/sold them in the Northeast, what seems to be fair market value for these Cobras? As badly as I want one, I'm not going to spend $7000 on a 94 Cobra when I can get a 95 GT for $3500 with less than 100k mi (have seen that a few times around here) and make it just as quick if not quicker. Although, I suppose I'd lose and Cobra specific features such as handling modifications.

• Sponsors (?)

Where are you from? I bought my '94 cobra that was 100% stock with 154K miles from a guy near King of Prussia for under $5000. They are finally starting to go up in price, even in KBB. I think they have finally bottomed out in price. I know of a guy with a 94-95 GT coupe roller near Johnstown PA.

I live in Chambersburg (Franklin County).

I wanted to get a Cobra because of the GT40 heads and I'm a college student (I'm 20). I also thought they had bigger brakes, but maybe not? I figured in the case that I won't be able to build it up a bit before I get out of college, it would already be plenty powerful to have fun with. I imagine the GTs are pretty fun to drive stock, but I want to have a car that breaks the tires loose relatively easy with like $500 in mods (gears obviously will help that). I've been looking at the GTs, but most around here are either fully modified (supercharger & all supporting mods), or they're beat as hell. I'll just keep my eyes open a little longer to see what comes across.

I have a guy down around Balitmore that claims to have a freshly painted red 94 cobra for $4500, but I can't get him to call me for the life of me, something always comes up. Freakin craigslist :mad: lol.

Grab a GT, you can find GT40 heads for super cheap in the classifieds, plus some gears and a decent bumpstick (E303's are pretty cheap) and you'll have more than enough power to spin tires, but not so much that you'll require massive brakes to stop it.

The Cobra's are definitely going to keep going up in value from this point on, IMO. It's becoming harder and harder to find a clean one nowadays anyway

Good luck on your search!

Ah, too bad I'm on the other side of the country (Los Angeles), I have my 95 GT for sale. It is an auto, tho. Ah well, I'll find a buyer eventually.

And no, this is not a for sale ad. Just a comment.

Man, wish I could just kind of make a road trip to Utah lol.

Would it be hard to tune with cams and new heads? That's my only downfall on modding. I don't like the whole tuning part because I can never find anyone with a machine to tune local to me and they're always $500+ lol.

Sorry, 5 speed is a requirement after fragging four transmissions in my Bonneville (no I don't drive it hard). It'll be nice being able to have control over the engine speed now :)

I make it to Chambersburg about once a month. As for tuning, your have BBR in your backyard. Perky can do the tuning there, you also have SGS in Dillsburg which isn't far at all from you. You should join our local site and post a WTB thread as well. I'll PM you the link to it. I'll keep my eyes open for you as well.

BTW- where do you go to college at?

Buy the cobra, get the one off wing, the nose, the headlights, the brakes, the engine, the larger MAS, injectors, better trans, diff driveshaft, and the gauges and wheel. Plus it will ALWAYS be a cobra and be worth SOMETHING. I cloned a Cobra from a GT, my brother got a Cobra. I'm always kicking myself for not starting with a real one, they just have a certain mystique over a GT even cloned.

I'd say 5-6 could get you a mid 100k mile car that's fairly clean. I would think a pristine car would be 8-9k.

Get the Cobra. I feel just like the guy above me. I built mine to look like 93 cobra and I love my car but you may as well get that or the Saleen. Once I went 5 lug I found that the only difference on the brakes is the bracket. Everything else is the same from 94 v-6 through cobra models not sure about the saleen though. Buy a nice sn95 put the gr-40 and go kick a whole lot a ass.