Interior and Upholstery OK, I Know It’s a Prius.....But.....

Davedacarpainter

Chicks can make things hard if they’re inspired...
SN Certified Technician
Nov 28, 2015
Discordia
I’m not particularly fond of the Toyota Prius, but the newer models do have a pretty cool center screen/console thingy going on.
11F29CA6-7E19-42F2-823D-081D75412E7C.jpeg
8A428777-E068-4926-9C1F-6A0037331C95.jpeg

It would be very cool in my mind to put that in the center of a little green t-top.

Lots of thought would have to go into it. Electric servos for the hvac among other things....hooking up a compatible gps, etc....

• Sponsors (?)

It’s all just a fantasy game right now anyhow.

Right now things are strangely going my way, I’m not sure how to handle it......

That just means I’m getting really interested in working on Booger again.

I always thought I’d do at least something like a tablet. This would require me to totally redo the center of the instrument panel that I already repaired. Definitely doable though.

I like the idea of using electric servos on the hvac box instead of the old vacuum ones.

Draw it out with measurements. Get with someone to help you 3d model it and break it down into modular pieces.

3d print the prototype(s) and when it's correct, send out the 3s model to have it printed in something strong with a good finish to it.

We do this all of the time. We print all the the pieces on $300 3d printers then email to any of an hundred companies that can produce the final pieces.

This is how you can benefit from multi-hundred thousand dollar machines without having to buy them. You can make everything to include the buttons and readout if you are so inclined.

Reactions: 1 user
Bet it would be easier to get an android or I pad tablet to fit in an 87-93 console and be able to retain the factory heater controls too

I wonder what it would take to incorporate the modern electronic heater controls using the screen.
You’re running into the realm of multiplex logic similar to what we use on the buses . Which is using a module and pulse width to move a servo or stepper motor to move a flap . With code though from the input to send the output to the componenet

Sounds like way more trouble then it’s worth