OK, this I want to do on my own! (help me!!!) SUSPENSION

stunner6910

Oct 31, 2003
south texas
I just received the last thing I needed to upgrade my suspension. I have the following:

Eibach Sportlines
Steeda Aluminum C/C Plates
Tokico Shocks and Struts
MAC Rear Upper and Lower Control Arms
MAC Offsets Bushings
I need the subframe connectors but I won't get those til later.

OK, I think I know how to install all of these parts except the cc plates. Will I need to rent a spring compressor to take out or put in? How in the world do the cc plates go? I know my car will need to be aligned after it all. I really want to do this on my own, so please help me out with anything I might need to know.

• Sponsors (?)

I didnt use a spring compressor when I swapped my springs out. Just take a breaker bar or something and pry em out of there. For the cc plates, drill out the rivets on the stock ones and replace. You have to hold this lil plate underneath them and it bolts down. Im not really the best at explaining this kinda stuff but youll know what im talking about when you do it. Good Luck

On the CC plates....before removing the stock cc plates, put some masking tape on the shock tower couple inches away so it wont get moved at both the front and sides....takes a sharpie or whatever and put down a line, or matchmark, in relation to the center of the strut nut...do the sides also...

once you reassy your new plates and have the strut in, lightly tighen the CC plates...put your strut nut on...just grab the strut and line the centerline back up with your matchmarks, both front and side...now snug the cc plates for good...you'll be damn close this way...

i did mine 3 yrs ago and have yet to align it...tires wear nice and even, no pulling, nada...you really should do the alignment...but mine was dead on so i left it...

shoot the ole PB blaster right to the LCA bolts...those bolts can seize inside the bushing from rust and be a MOFO to get out...Trust me on that one...i fought one bolt for 2 freakin hours to get it out...re-assy with lots of anti-seize.. :D

Damn mod man! :p I know you are super excited to get them all on and prob in a hurry. Gotta take your time cuz they all take a little time for each job. I did all of mine one at a time months apart so I had time to gain my sanity back. The springs you can get a spring compress tool from the auto parts and is the safest way. :rlaugh: (I am still laughing about the crow bar method, Kevin) :rlaugh:

Do what RIO said about the cc plates,
The bushings are easy and straight forward,
The control arms especially the uppers are going to suck unless you have an impact gun,
Shocks & stuts are easy and can do along with the springs & the springs are a cinch.

Good Luck man wanna see some pics when its all done :nice:

i'll be sure to get a digi cam to post up pics if you're willing to help me post them, since your the expert at posting them :D
i know i'm doing everything at once, but on my previous 2 GTs, i didn't have a chance to do anything so i want to do everything on this one. thank god i have money right now and i can't find any other way to spend it but on my baby. :banana:

Did you get another pinion snubber??? What about the front swaybar, did you get shorter endlinks??? youll be changing the attitude of that swaybar lower, hence the shorter endlinks....