Ok threw a couple codes...p1131 and p1151 Please help..

Ok guys my car is starting to run like crap and i mean it barely runs. Well i see my check engine light come on and its the f'n p1131 and p1151 codes which here is the definement of these 2 codes..

P1131=Lack of Upstream Heated Oxygen Sensor Switch - Sensor Indicates Lean - Bank No. 1.

and

P1151=Lack of Upstream Heated Oxygen Sensor Switch - Sensor Indicates Lean - Bank No. 2.

My car is seeming to run REAL lean and acts as if its starving for fuel? Guys got any suggestions??? Please help me figure this out. Oh yeah i have a walbro 255 pump in my tank which i wish i never would have gotten.

• Sponsors (?)

98blackstallion said:
Ok guys my car is starting to run like crap and i mean it barely runs. Well i see my check engine light come on and its the f'n p1131 and p1151 codes which here is the definement of these 2 codes..

P1131=Lack of Upstream Heated Oxygen Sensor Switch - Sensor Indicates Lean - Bank No. 1.

and

P1151=Lack of Upstream Heated Oxygen Sensor Switch - Sensor Indicates Lean - Bank No. 2.

My car is seeming to run REAL lean and acts as if its starving for fuel? Guys got any suggestions??? Please help me figure this out. Oh yeah i have a walbro 255 pump in my tank which i wish i never would have gotten.
those codes indicate your whole engine is running lean, not good. maybe a faulty fuel pump? did you get some bad gas and now your injectors are clogged? i would try some seafoam, if that doesnt work, change out that fuel pump. not that, try some new injectors.

yeah i need to check the fuel pressure again something i havent done yet. The MAF is a brand new PRO-M 85mm mass air and its been running awesome but just the last couple of days its starting to dog more and more. My stock MAF failed on me and ran great with the MAF d/c'd but even after i disconnect this one it still acts up.

98blackstallion said:
yeah i need to check the fuel pressure again something i havent done yet. The MAF is a brand new PRO-M 85mm mass air and its been running awesome but just the last couple of days its starting to dog more and more. My stock MAF failed on me and ran great with the MAF d/c'd but even after i disconnect this one it still acts up.

ok check fuel presure and check for anything on the intake manifold being disconnected or off. like a vacumm line or hose. and get back to us.

I will be back in a hour or 2 to check up on this

ok guys here is the low down. I checked the fuel pressure and with the vacuum line connected to the regulator it ONLY was 22-23 PSI no matter how high the rpm went. The car barely even idles now. So I d/c the vac. hose and it stayed the same but its supposed to jump up when you take it off and it didnt do crap. So i feel that its the regulator but the only problem with that is that in 98 Ford made the FPR into the damn fuel rails so i have to get a FPR and rails from a 97 to be able to get a detachable FPR.

What shape is your battery in? If your battery is on the verge of crapping out, it can cause other things (fuel system included) to go south.

Edit: I didn't read the part about your walboro pump. Ditch that POS. :)