Administrative Ok You New Guys.....

CarMichael Angelo

my rearend will smell so minty fresh,
15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
Birmingham, al
Seems that I'm constantly bouncing your new threads back and forth between talk, and tech. I'm moving tech related threads into talk, and I'm moving talk related threads into tech.
Firstly, be aware that there are two forums. The reason being that the tech side is there for a specific reason.
Before starting a new post decide between two words and you'll know where to post.

How, or What.

It's that simple. If you are asking how to do something, it's a tech question.
If you are asking what to do, it should be posted in talk.

The reason that there are two is more geared to keep the tech side open for specific topics/ questions that are related to getting, and giving help to those asking for it. The talk side is there for those asking for tips, advice, or simply to share something. I've posted this thread on both sides,....( tech and talk) notice that on the tech side,you can't prefix something "RANT". Because a rant is talk.

Got it? We ok now? Good talk. Great tech.

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

I have been here 15+ years and all I can add is that this is a problem that seems to become more pronounced. It has to do with the fact that people expect instant answers, so they don't pay attention to the rules and guidelines for the use of this forum. In some way I suspect that our instant culture of texting and microwave ovens has been the root source of the problem; don't stop to think, just type something...

@madmike1157, I appreciate your efforts to keep things running straight. Just be aware that this is a never ending problem because there is a constant flow of newbies who pop up, make one post and are never heard from again.

Reactions: 1 user
I try to help and move posts when I see them. My biggest pet peeve are the ones that post the same question in talk and tech at the same time.

Reactions: 1 user
I go away for 5 years and this topic is as pervasive as it ever was. :) It would be nice if a forum system allowed for one single forum, and then you can flag the post as either talk or tech, and apply a filter, and then rely on users to self track. It's also one of the reasons I gave up moderating this forum in the first place. :)

I go away for 5 years and this topic is as pervasive as it ever was. :) It would be nice if a forum system allowed for one single forum, and then you can flag the post as either talk or tech, and apply a filter, and then rely on users to self track. It's also one of the reasons I gave up moderating this forum in the first place. :)

You can
We have
It doesn't work as well as you might think
The internet was much more organized when people who were on it had some idea of how and why it worked. Now, we have a bunch of remote control operators that wouldn't know a byte if it bit them 8 times.

me_zpsbkcsvjp3-png.551036.png

Reactions: 1 users