Okay, I have a Setup Idea.. Pros cons?

beanplant

Founding Member
Jun 25, 2002
KC MO
Alright, I've decided I'm going to go with a remanufactured 351W. I can get one through work at about $860 plus tax. But I need a core, and I found one for $50. So that will give me the $220 core for $50.
Anyway... I'm gonna go with:

Reman 351W
Edelbrock intake
Reman Edelbrock Carb
Edelbrock Valve Covers
Oil pan from an old 351
___
Converting Front drums to discs, So I'll need new spindles right? and thats it? Besides that, I'm going to have to get a power brake booster, and a new master cylinder.
___
As for exhaust, I just ordered some cheapo Flowtech headers for my 302 right now for only like $96. Will these fit on the 351? I'm also gonna have my local muffler shop bend me some pipe, and weld in 2 single chamber flowmasters.
__
Rear end.... Right now I just have the original one wheel peel rear end on my grande. Not sure what it is (size). But I need to find a rear end with posi, hopefulyl fairly cheap lol

What do you guys think? Give me some advice! This is my first time. Only 17 years of experience in life.... this stuff is expensive... I don't think i realzed that when I bought the car....

-Shaun

• Sponsors (?)

I would pass on the reman engine. I went that route with my motor. So far I've had it apart twice and I'm still not happy with it. I would take the core you're looking at, if it's in decent shape and rebuild it the way you want. Just FYI.

I don't think that core runs. but I do know a guy who's selling a 302, basically rebuilt. I'ts got everything but the intake all for $500. Been bored .030 over and all that jazz lol. I think I might pick that up.

-Shaun