OMG OMG OMG!!! GOT AN 88 FOX!!!

Foxfan88

My Grandpa has great wood.
Sep 13, 2004
Miami, Ok
Ok one of my friends told me one of the teachers was selling a fox mustang.
He told me it was an 86 ghia, i was like "ehhh" i knew there were no ghias in 86. But anyway me and my dad checked it out later that day, it was about 15 miles away. Turns out it's an 88 lx, with a 2.3l, a bad tranny but hey, i got it for 300$ Its red, body is in pretty nice shape, no major dents, faded but eh, the engines runs nicely also. It had been a while since i rode in a fox, the first time was in a 1990 gt it was godly. When i sat in it, it felt awesome, i knew it was "my car." It has red interior. The seats are worn but not torn up, its all messy with grass but pretty clean for the most part. Were going to pick it up next week when we get time. and clean it up. The crappy part is, we dont have much money, and this car is a big fixer-upper, probably wont be on the streets until early next year. :(

But i will try and get pics up soon. I AM SO HAPPY OMG!!!!!!

• Sponsors (?)

Oh yeah, its an automatic tranny. I really wanted a 5spd but eh. I always thought it would be a buy or no buy decision, but the trans had no effect on the purchase. I hope to throws some nice wheels and a new exhaust on it, new paint job later on down the line then maybe a 5.0 conversion.

nice find man, sounds like you got a nice project stang. cant beat that price for a car thats in good shape, get some pics up here to that'd be cool.

congratulations! and welcome to the stang community!

Foxfan88 said:
Is it hard to swap out the old auto to manual? and where can i find and old manual trans?
Nope, i did it. Hardest part is Rounding up all the parts you need. If you can find a Junkyard 5 speed car, you can get everything you need. Also before you set your mind on 5.0, Do some reading on the 2.3T, you may be suprised as how cheap, and how fast they can be.

Dr.

And how easy....repin a couple pins on the computer and you're basically good to go with your year car. The T5 swap isn't hard either as long as you know how things go together. I did mine for around $300. Congrats on the new Fox! :D

Ash

Well since its off the road, take your time with it....deff put a T5 in Now, and save yourself the exstremely fun time of swapping(sacraficing) mulitiple a4lds. Good find! welcome to the ever more rare fox club :)

Welcome to the club...
yeah I agree with the auto (A4LD) tranny comment...
done 4 of those things...
Ripping the one out of the 89 Coupe and throwing in an 85 TC drivetrain. Should help things out!! heh

Free red interior

:banana:
Check this guy out on the Mustang world message board he has a red interior going for ...FREE...!!!!!

http://www.mustangworld.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=241014

Foxfan88 said:
Ok one of my friends told me one of the teachers was selling a fox mustang.
It has red interior. The seats are worn but not torn up, its all messy with grass but pretty clean for the most part. Were going to pick it up next week when we get time. and clean it up. The crappy part is, we dont have much money, and this car is a big fixer-upper, probably wont be on the streets until early next year. :(

But i will try and get pics up soon. I AM SO HAPPY OMG!!!!!!