Oops..Head Porting went bad..

MSM0075

May 13, 2003
Central Jersey
I got a little carried away porting my cylinder head for my '87TC motor this weekend. I burnt right thru two intake bowls :( putting slight cracks in each one. NAPA gave me a price of $245 for a reman. cylinder head, with a $1xx core charge. Some say try JB Weld but I'd rather not take the chance, I've done everything correct with this motor so far, I plan to keep it that way.

What do you guys think?

• Sponsors (?)

where be the pics man? I wnated to see what you did. so I could laugh.

$250 not bad I would of thought they would be more. I am suprised that they even have reman heads. LOL Then again I am tight on money.

Depending on how bad the damage is I would either try and fix it or find another head. I have heard alot about JB weld working. might be able to go to a machine or engine shop and have them weld it?

again depends on how bad it is.

TF

Local shop here had 2.3L reman heads in the same price range, I did not catch the core rate though. And that was for a 91LX, not turbo, but from what I have heard the heads are all the same..

I would defanatly try some JB. Ive fixed many a dirt bike blocks with it and never had any problem. I also did fix a runner that i went to far on with it, and 8k latter no leaks:nice: But thats in an NA motor with just porting and .455 lift cam. so.....why not try it a little anti-frease never killed anyone(well realy it has....but you know what i mean:D