Opening a 2002 Mustang GT hood

Derrickv2

Apr 24, 2023
Hi there I am new here I have searched all over the place where would I open the hood of my 2002 Mustang GT I've pulled the latch to open the hood before but mine managed to fall out somewhere last month by itself I thought nothing of it and that I would get to it somewhere down the line to fix it (I need more pressing repairs I had thought) I now need to check under the hood but can't due to the latch being broken off I was wondering is there a way for me to open the hood if so how and where thank you guys for welcoming me in

• Sponsors (?)

I assume you are saying that the cable fell out or broke, so you can't open the hood. I took a quick look on mine, but I couldn't get my arm up between the radiator and bumper to actuate the mechanism in place of the cable. There are some hood latch replacement vids on youtube that can help you understand where you are reaching.

SO if the hood latch under the hood intact? Feel around for it. I know on the fox ones, you can reach around the backside of the latch and find the lever that the cable normally pulls. If you can push it over, the hood will pop. Not sure if the SN95 is the same way as it's been a decade since i've popped the hood on an SN