Oppertunity for someone local (shortblock)

Status
Not open for further replies.

281pony

Aug 31, 2003
Oly, WA
this may get lengthy, i want to make sure everyone knows the condition of this. im typing the details here and not in my trader post so i dont get emails from people who skip over the info in new york.

i have a dss pro bullet 306. i bought it from a guy in michigan with 100 miles on it. got it, perfect, everything spotless. i was really happy, got the car going, in 14 miles it blew a head gasket.

fixed the head gasket, then the wrench fell in my oil pan as im sure alot of you saw/posted in the thread. got that out, just got it running again on thanksgiving.

long story short, it had idled 10 minutes fine, i set my timing, idle still fine, ect. went to go for the first drive, and my temp had jumped up to 180 from not reading. head gasket went again. milky oil, milky water this time. last time my oil was clean.

basically, the block seems to be cracked or need to be decked. simple thing for some people, especially with time and patience where this doesnt need to drive their only car.

looking to sell the shortblock. all dss internals, forged crank, pistons, all arp bolts, whole 9 yards went into this assembly. balanced by dss also. will also be leaving the comp cams 282hr cam in there. id like to get 800 from it in its current condition with the cam. costs over 3 times that new, and this only has approximately 115 miles on it. everything is perfect with the possible exception of the block.

that is still unknown as im typing this wether its the block, my heads or the head gasket installs i did. either way, i dont have the time or patience anymore so im offering it for cheap i think to someone local. i dont want to ship this.

if i left anything out important, let me know. i can be contacted easiest through email or aim and we can go from there. [email protected]

also have a 190 inline pump, pulleys, and some other small things that could be worked into the deal. here is the link to the trader post with my contact:
http://classifieds.stangnet.com/showproduct.php?product=10130&sort=1&cat=3&page=1

• Sponsors (?)

88SC_GT said:
this may get lengthy, i want to make sure everyone knows the condition of this. im typing the details here and not in my trader post so i dont get emails from people who skip over the info in new york.

i have a dss pro bullet 306. i bought it from a guy in michigan with 100 miles on it. got it, perfect, everything spotless. i was really happy, got the car going, in 14 miles it blew a head gasket.

fixed the head gasket, then the wrench fell in my oil pan as im sure alot of you saw/posted in the thread. got that out, just got it running again on thanksgiving.

long story short, it had idled 10 minutes fine, i set my timing, idle still fine, ect. went to go for the first drive, and my temp had jumped up to 180 from not reading. head gasket went again. milky oil, milky water this time. last time my oil was clean.

basically, the block seems to be cracked or need to be decked. simple thing for some people, especially with time and patience where this doesnt need to drive their only car.

looking to sell the shortblock. all dss internals, forged crank, pistons, all arp bolts, whole 9 yards went into this assembly. balanced by dss also. will also be leaving the comp cams 282hr cam in there. id like to get 800 from it in its current condition with the cam. costs over 3 times that new, and this only has approximately 115 miles on it. everything is perfect with the possible exception of the block.

that is still unknown as im typing this wether its the block, my heads or the head gasket installs i did. either way, i dont have the time or patience anymore so im offering it for cheap i think to someone local. i dont want to ship this.

if i left anything out important, let me know. i can be contacted easiest through email or aim and we can go from there. [email protected]

also have a 190 inline pump, pulleys, and some other small things that could be worked into the deal. here is the link to the trader post with my contact:
http://classifieds.stangnet.com/showproduct.php?product=10130&sort=1&cat=3&page=1
hummmm check youre mail and P.M. peace

john :shrug:

i overlooked that i have my stock block also. i dont have the time to take it into a machine shop and get the internals transferred over, but it would be even easier for someone now. ill throw in my stock block which came from a perfect running car and is not cracked. just needs cleaned and bored 30 over and you should be set.

contact me [email protected] if interested. bumping this again since i still got a few emails from people wanting it shipped on the trader section :lol:

SMOKEDYA said:
:rlaugh: it's not all my money that is going into the 80. most of mine is going into my 95. just the luck tho we are working 44 hours over time at work so hell yeah why not!!! peace

john :p
you're john too?

haha 88sc_gt is as well..

well in this case both of you can send me money

2 THings dude, call D.S.S. and tell them they suck ass. I got a pro bullet 306 also. It blew in 400 miles. The block wasn't blueprinted, the crank wasn't in the right spot, no align hone, cheap bore job (every cylinder was a different diameter) not zero decked. they don't believe me, they think my machinist is tying to sell me an align job, but he doesn't even do them. anyways I don't know what they are doing but it seems like they do the mains with cap screws instead of with the studs they put in and htey bore without torque plates, etc. Dog****Shortlbocks is their real name. :notnice: :notnice:
sorry to hear that you also got ripped.

well.. i have heard alot of good things about dss, which is the reason i bought this. keep in mind i got it second hand from a dick.

the internals are fine, just the block is cracked/needs decked. cant comment any further, at least you made it 400 miles on yours. i've rung up 14 miles and some idling. i doubt dss is that ****ty of a company though personally for all the recommendations i hear. :shrug: i just bought from a pos person.

i got a hell of a deal last night on CHP's 331 pro street fighter shortblock though, BRAND NEW and direct this time :banana:

im out of money for quite awhile after buying all the stuff for my 331. :rolleyes:

you can buy my shortblock and use it as a coffee table though. just make sure you dont get anymore liquids on it or they will evaporate apparently :D

update again. had several people call me and then never get back with me or update anything.

i went to pull apart the internals and there is a small crack on the crankshaft. not sure if its worthless now or what. everything else seems to be in good shape. i dont know the history of this obviously.

the pistons/rods are $700 through dss, im looking to get $350 for EVERYTHING. block, crank, rods, pistons. just pulled the cam and im selling it seperately. this was a $2000 shortblock new (200 miles ago :rolleyes: ), im not sure how much work it needs or doesnt need. the pistons/rods are still good though. buyer can inspect the crank.

let me know if interested. dont have space in our little 2 car garage for it. would also work a trade out for longtubes, mid-pipe, 3 chamber flowmasters. anything like that for a foxbody.

412-5016 thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.