original or mod???

spikeGT_99

May 3, 2004
Jackson, Ms
ok im looking for a few opinions here cuz im confused on what to do. I got a '67 w/ a 289 v-8, it was my first car and holds sentimental value if nothing else. Me and my father restored it when i was 15 and i drove it for my daily driver for a while but the tard that rebuilt the engine for us screwed something up bad cuz shortly after i got my '99 a piston siezed up in the 67 and the old stang has been in the garage ever since awaiting a second engine rebuild, cuz we dont know what else he screwed up. Well i finally got the time and money to re-restore my old car which wont be a daily driver this time, just something to drive on the weekends and maybe on occasion enter it in shows around here. Im going to do the engine myself getting help where i need it and its tempting to get away from the original engine and slap some serious stuff on the block while im in there, not to mention a modern drivetrain, but i dont konw if it'd hurt the car in shows by making some stuff modern or if down the road (got forbid) i had to sell it :( would it hurt the value.
i appreciate any input.
thanks in advance. Spike.

• Sponsors (?)

So your asking if you should keep it original or not?If it is a standard coupe it would probally be worth more modified for the time being.Maybe not though.Sorry to leave ya hangin but its really your choice...Later on it might be worth alot.Im in the same boat as you with my Camaro.

Spike,

You've got one of 1,000,000+ Mustangs built, I'd say build it the way you want it. If you had a super rare or even a standard GT, it might be best to restore it.

As for the shows and resale value, restomods are increasing in acceptance and value over the last few years.

I've got a '65 with a 5 speed, 4 wheel disc brakes, power windows, power door locks, etc and if someone's got a problem with it, well that's there problem.

It's your car build it the way you want.

Tim