other drivers reacting to presence of 5.0

When was the last time you heard someone say that everytime they turn the key on the minivan it puts a smile on their face?

I have an 08 Grand Caravan. Its a means to an end. I knew if I got it that I would be able to easily sell the wife my plan for a project car (the current vert). Its a good long distance cruiser and we take long road trips. Swivel seats in it with the table, multiple TVs and DVD players and an xbox for the 3rd row. No need to race people, its not a slow van but its not built for speed either so there isnt anything to prove. Any guy who wants to race his minivan has a small penis.

• Sponsors (?)

My notch was a 4 so no "5.0" anywhere on it, no badges at all except the blue ovals. I guess I'm going for the sleeper look, all the graphics gone, the 5" tach gone, just a black Mustang with a 2" glass hood and drag radials :D.

You really don't know what it's about until you hear it start.

Around here, the sheriff's deputies are pretty cool and they don't mess with me if I'm stretching her legs out on the highway. Most folks here don't know or care about Foxes anyway except for gearheads. I did get a ricer flyby on the interstate the other day, didn't see him till he was sneaking up around a huge truck. I didn't even waste my time.

I drive two cars. One is the toy 5.0 you see in my avatar. The other is a daily driver Saturn coupe. I find that the drivers around me all tend to get aggressive when I'm in the 5.0. It's like the car itself is perceived as issuing a challenge or something. What get's me the most is that it's the people driving lame cars like minivans etc. that often get the most excitable, NOT the car enthusiasts.

Years ago, when I first started driving the 5.0 I quickly realized that if I didn't put the psychological brakes on, so to speak, I would end up in some kind of a defacto street race several times per trip. For example, the guy in the minivan or pick up truck just has to stay ahead of me, no matter what, and I know that if I speed up even more he'll do the same - to the point where both of us are way over speed limits.

I have successfully used this phenomenon many times to "slingshot" these idiots into waiting police speed traps, both in town and on the highway. The results are truly priceless.

Or, even stupider, are the people who seem to want to "race" me towards and into standing red lights. Passing me to get there first, as if it's some sort of accomplishment.

It seems as if, in order to satisfy those around me, I'm expected to always be driving "fast", proving something or putting on a show.

When I drive my dd Saturn, none of this shyte ever happens. It can get really annoying. I've gotten better at ignoring it and try to have fun with it when I can.

That 5.0 badge on my fenders still carries much authority, especially where I live due to the fact that there are relatively few performance cars here, especially new and/or high end ones. As well, nobody knows what mods may have been done to the car, and we all know how pump-uppable a stock 5.0 Mustang can be. My car has a killer deep loud growl and it's entertaining to watch people react to it wherever I go.

I drive a noticeable car, and reactions are fine for sure...it's the stupid reactions that I can do without.

Can you guys relate? Maybe share a story?

I havent read the replies to this thread but i can 110% agree with EVERYTHING you've said. My 5.0 has full exhaust with SLP LM1s, so it gets noticed by everyone within a mile radius. My GT is bright red with chrome wheels. Its ridiculous. People in Jeeps, Kias, Econoline vans, ****boxes, you name it. They all push. I definitely learned to just keep your cool and drive the way you would if no one was around, even though they are.

In the city it really doesnt make a difference. On the highway, though, i will not be afraid to drop her down a gear and pass everyone going 52 mph in the hammer lane. BYE!

pretty much everyday i drive my mustang somone tells me to do a burnout somewhere, kids on bikes, people on sidewalks, other cars, people that own the places im leaving lol, gets sickening cuz they dont have any money to throw down on tires lol

people like to pull out in front of me in the stang. never my truck for some reason.

nobody ever wants to race me tho :D
26787_380557937531_710132531_395-1.jpg

"pretty much everyday i drive my mustang somone tells me to do a burnout somewhere, kids on bikes, people on sidewalks, other cars, people that own the places im leaving lol, gets sickening cuz they dont have any money to throw down on tires lol"

that seems to always happen to me too, i wasnt so good at saying no when i first got mine. paying for a new set of tires changed that a bit.

I like when im pulling into a parking lot and parents grab their kids by the back of their shirts to protect them from the stallion. It's not like I roast the tires up into my parking spot or anything. I just calmly idle through. This never happens when im in my accord. All I can say is I promise I'm NOT going to run your kids over!!

I'd hate to crinkle my bumper. :nice:

I get the total opposite then most of you guys. It is rare that I get cut off and no one tries to race me from intersections. They normally just stay behind me like they are afraid of the 5.0. :hail2: The funniest is merge lanes heading from red lights, no matter how slow I accelerate the person next to me will never pass. They won't even look over. :shrug: