Outnumbered By Idiots

• Sponsors (?)

upload_2017-1-3_0-17-47.png

Reactions: 6 users

And you still don't have a single picture of your car in that thread.

For the record, I'm not sure what you call a mainstream "Mustang guy." I've owned many different generations and bodystyles. A 64 1/2. A 69 for about a month.. A 70. Almost a 72 but couldn't get the money right...A slew of foxes, SN95, and an S550. Does that make me mainstream because I don't care for the II? I guess so.

I see where you where in high school around 2000.. I went to high school in the 80s when there were still some IIs in circulation, IN FACT, one of my good running buddies had one. As a daily driver. This was the same time I had the 70. He actually let me drive that car, and if the looks of it weren't a complete turn off, driving it sealed the deal. It might have made 100 hp. Out of a 302.. saddest thing I've ever driven..When people ask what the worst car I ever drove was, that particular car comes to mind. Nobody cared for them, and I even remember the huge excitement in 78 when it was announced they were totally reshaping the Mustang for 79. Some friends of the family still driving their 67 said, "Thank God. We can finally buy a new Mustang now." I also remember a Cobra II in town that I looked at from every angle possible to find the good side of it, looking for something to like because it said "Cobra".. but let's face it, when you step out of a 70 mach 1 and look at something like that, it looks.. lacking. Severely. But that's ok, it's not Ford's first flop, and won't be the last. Look at the Edsel!

I guess everything has to have it's followers, fans, and connoisseurs, and that, in turn makes the world a very weird place...there a a LOT of demented people out there. With that being considered, I'm ok with being "mainstream."

Sorry if that comes off blunt and painful, but it's the same outlook shared by 52 billion others, so, ya know, it ain't just me.:shrug:

Now, post some pics of your car. If I can post pics of the POS I started with for my son, you can too. Don't be chicken.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
EFI CAN be a pain, if you don't know what you're doing, but that's how anything is. Plus, EFI is better in my opinion. I raced my EFI 5.0L 302 against a carb 302 and beat it by half a car. All the electronics helps with upping the power a bit of its all tuned right.

And you still don't have a single picture of your car in that thread.

For the record, I'm not sure what you call a mainstream "Mustang guy." I've owned many different generations and bodystyles. A 64 1/2. A 69 for about a month.. A 70. Almost a 72 but couldn't get the money right...A slew of foxes, SN95, and an S550. Does that make me mainstream because I don't care for the II? I guess so.

I see where you where in high school around 2000.. I went to high school in the 80s when there were still some IIs in circulation, IN FACT, one of my good running buddies had one. As a daily driver. This was the same time I had the 70. He actually let me drive that car, and if the looks of it weren't a complete turn off, driving it sealed the deal. It might have made 100 hp. Out of a 302.. saddest thing I've ever driven..When people ask what the worst car I ever drove was, that particular car comes to mind. Nobody cared for them, and I even remember the huge excitement in 78 when it was announced they were totally reshaping the Mustang for 79. Some friends of the family still driving their 67 said, "Thank God. We can finally buy a new Mustang now." I also remember a Cobra II in town that I looked at from every angle possible to find the good side of it, looking for something to like because it said "Cobra".. but let's face it, when you step out of a 70 mach 1 and look at something like that, it looks.. lacking. Severely. But that's ok, it's not Ford's first flop, and won't be the last. Look at the Edsel!

I guess everything has to have it's followers, fans, and connoisseurs, and that, in turn makes the world a very weird place...there a a LOT of demented people out there. With that being considered, I'm ok with being "mainstream."

Sorry if that comes off blunt and painful, but it's the same outlook shared by 52 billion others, so, ya know, it ain't just me.:shrug:

Now, post some pics of your car. If I can post pics of the POS I started with for my son, you can too. Don't be chicken.
Blah blah, heard it all before, even the untrue parts.

I've posted pics of the ol' pile of junk before, just none in that thread yet.

They're the first people in history to actually RUIN a II.
No,...that'd be Ford. The minute that car rolled off the assembly line,...it was ruined.
They further ruined the car by plastering a snake all over the hood w/ all kinds of psychedelic crazy sht.....because the coked up engineers had nothing left of any dignity, so they copied this car:
1978PontiacTransAm_01_700.jpg

They also lacked imagination,....so if Pontiac can put a big decal on the hood of a car,...by God, so could they.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQfFGBBxMrXJ6G2xHXnrVioBzRDADSSfnclE2-M7o0Xn0D0RgfYdg.jpg

All of those guys should've been fired.

Reactions: 1 users
I have no shame in admitting, I kinda like the Mustang II, the Fastback not the coupe. My cousin has a 1974 Mach 1 with a 1987-1993 5.0L V8 stuffed under the hood. I agree the mustang II wasn't a great car, but I like the look of them. I once saw a Cobra II in a salvage yard. The damn thing was picked clean.

No,...that'd be Ford. The minute that car rolled off the assembly line,...it was ruined.
They further ruined the car by plastering a snake all over the hood w/ all kinds of psychedelic crazy sht.....because the coked up engineers had nothing left of any dignity, so they copied this car:
1978PontiacTransAm_01_700.jpg

They also lacked imagination,....so if Pontiac can put a big decal on the hood of a car,...by God, so could they.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQfFGBBxMrXJ6G2xHXnrVioBzRDADSSfnclE2-M7o0Xn0D0RgfYdg.jpg

All of those guys should've been fired.

THANK YOU.

@madmike1157

There is one good thing I can say about the Mustang II. The fact that it was produced allows Ford to, unlike the makers of Camaro, claim that Mustang has been in production since the 60's. Since Chevy halted production in '02 they can't make that claim.

That's all I got.

Reactions: 1 users