Oxygen Sensors

Hey Guys,

I have a few questions about oxygen sensors. First, I have an after market exhaust header on my fuel injected (non-turbo) 2.3 and the sensor is located in a different place so i need a longer than stock sensor. Can I add wire to a new stock sensor and make it work, or will that mess up the reading? Are the sensors heated or do they require the exhaust to heat them? Also, my engine has a problem with bogging down around 1500rpm. Some times it clears up, sometimes i have to turn the engine off and restart it to get it to run. Could a bad oxygen sensor cause the computer to send too much fuel to the engine causing it to bog like that? I replaced the coil that does the main firing, it has a cold air induction kit on it, and the after market header. It's done this ever sense I got the car and had always had this problem. Any ideas???

• Sponsors (?)

well im pretty sure it is the original sensor, and when i got my header i added wire to it so it would reach all the way down into the collector. I know they go bad over time so im going to get e new one, add wire to it, and put it back in. I was also wondering if it will still work if it just reads off from one cylinder instead of making it go all the way down to the collector?

it has always run pretty goofy. if it idles too long, then i have a hard time getting the engine to run past 1500rpm. if you play with the throttle a little bit, it clears up and will run ok. same thing happens right after start up too. it will also from time to time almost die if you touch the throttle right after start up as well. and it doesnt want to run at all if its raining, like something gets wet. It has a new coil, compression seems to be fine, checked that the other day, has pretty new spark plugs and wires. almost seems like its dumping way too much fuel into the engine.

Posted via Mobile Device