P0340 & P0344 Tried Everything..Anything else

05blkstang

May 29, 2009
Hello Everyone,

Im new here and need some help.
I own a 2005 Mustang GT, and would like to seriously mod it further but, i am having problems with the P0340/ P0344 DTC.

I have changed out my alternator per TSB, camshaft sensors, drivers side VCT gear, and PCM. The code still comes up.

Mods,
- JBA LT
- JBA Hi Flow H-Pipe
- 4.10 Gears
- Steeda Pulleys
- Steeda Delete Plates
- Flowmaster Cat back
- SCT Tune
- Engine Mounts
- Windage tray

The code started coming up after i in stalled the stiffer engine mounts. They were looked at, ground connected correctly.

If it was just the troble code i would care, but on the dyno, my hp curve dips and rises all the way through the rpms. At lower rpms, you can feel the car jerk.
Could it be that the mounts are to stiff. They are BBR.
Any suggestions?
Thanks
:canada:

• Sponsors (?)

When you hook-up your SCT, what does it say these codes are (P0340 & P0344)? Since these codes appeared after installing the motor mounts, I would start looking into things that may of happened when this work was completed. Check your grounds at the battery and on the engine block. I would also check the wiring harness in the engine compartment, to make sure that nothing got smashed, pinched, or disconnected when the mounts were installed. Is the car exhibiting any other problems that could help narrow down the real issue? Hope this helps!

Those codes are for bank one and 2 cam shaft position circuit failure that means the sensor itself and wiring, being highly unlikely both circuits to fail at the same time check anything in the area that might have been disturbed. I would say it may be wiring problem perhaps damaged during install. here are the possible problems and solutions for these codes if you follow diagnostic procedure you may be able to trace problem.

Possible problems.

* a wire or connector in the circuit could be grounded/shorted/broken
* the camshaft position sensor may have failed
* the PCM may have failed
* there exists an open circuit
* the crankshaft position sensor may have failed
Possible solutions

* Visually inspect all the wiring and connectors in the circuit
* Check for continuity in the circuit wiring
* Check the operation (voltage) of the camshaft position sensor
* Replace the camshaft position sensor as required
* Check the crankshaft position circuit as well